Die Steuerbare Jaegerrakete Ruhrstahl X-4.

klem

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
Historically one of the most important missiles, as it is the introduction to air-to-air missiles as an effective action, it is wire-guided, its design was initiated by Dr. Max Kramer of Ruhrstahl in 1943, under the designation RK 344 of the German Air Ministry. Abandoning the shape of an airplane, Kramer chose the configuration of the Fritz-X, with cross-shaped wings placed around the center of gravity and cross-shaped ailerons with control rudders placed in the tail of the missile, turned 45 degrees in respect of the wings. The swept wings reduced aerodynamic drag while the missile was suspended from a turbojet aircraft and allowed it to briefly reach speeds in excess of Mach 1 after the ignition of the BMW 548 rocket engine.but this overview exists in all the technical documentation relating to the X-4.This was for the history of the X-4 which continues to generate interest even in an auction where a unique piece of an authentic X-4 was exposed for sale.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 45

edwest2

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Drat! And no one told me... It would have gone nicely with my Ta 154.

klem

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
A very interesting article about the X-4 in Waffen Revue 1998.the author tells the subject point by point,from the beginning of the X-4 adventure to its realization.an article to read without getting tired between the websites.

Attachments

• Die Steuerbare JaegerRakete X-4.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 23