Did the Germany launch a crewed rocket into space in 1933

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
A good article;

http://io9.com/5908728/did-the-germans-launch-a-crewed-rocket-into-space-in-1933

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 265
this particular crackpot theory is pretty obviously wrong

Just reading the comments in that same web....

Hesham

I think we shouldn't publicy here subjects like that. We are not the forum of Antarctic Nazi lost cities, chemtrails or End-of-the-World 21-12-2012 :-[

We are just researchers for real aerospace/naval/armour and the like unbuilt projects

pometablava said:
We are just researchers for real aerospace/naval/armour and the like unbuilt projects

Well, this man-carrying-rocket *was* a real project. It wasn't a particularly *good* project, but the fact is that it was more than just some random scribbles.

yep it was real project, the only questions are:
How many meter it went into air and dit it kill a human pilot during landing ?

Maybe there's the proverbial grain of truth in that story, but I would think, if so, it's really small one.
As it seems, this achievement was published by just a single newspaper and not even a German one.
So, I would think, that the results weren't as sensational, as written.
To me, the most probable interpretation is that given with "A small test rocket, 15 feet tall with a motor
of 440 pounds thrust, was to be built and launched first...." on that´site.
With a great probability a greater success would have been reported in Germany, too, especially as
serious German interest in the development of military rockets principally started not before 1935 with
the foundation of the project department led by Walter Dornberger. Before that, large rockets weren't
regarded as really worthwhile, so there would have been no need for much secrecy.

Does sitting in a chair with lots of firework rockets attached to chair legs count as crewed rocket flight?

I believe some one tried that trick several hundred years ago.

Well, this man-carrying-rocket *was* a real project. It wasn't a particularly *good* project, but the fact is that it was more than just some random scribbles.

My apologies...it's such a bad idea that I gave it no credit. :-[

Sorry for this misunderstanding.

but I want you to know that subject,I think it is new,that is all,sorry again.

I don't know. I wouldn't want to ride in it and it probably wouldn't get much height - but it does have some technical virtues.

Placing the center of thrust at the front (along with control canards) would provide some stability and allow climbing to parachute height (without a need for gyroscopes, precision or other niceties). I think its pretty!

pometablava said:
My apologies...it's such a bad idea that I gave it no credit. :-[

Well, *for* *the* *time...* It has the same basic layout as the earliest Goddard liquid rockets, with the rocket engine up front and the propellant & payload in back. That's not a good arrangement, but it's based on historical precedent.

Willy Ley writes about this in his book "Rockets". It's a hoax; in the original newspaper account there are loads of technical errors, such as an "initial explosion" at lift-off, and an asbestos cabin floor which got hot, when Ley says that a German engineer would have not used asbestos. The account states that Otto Fischer visited the Raketflugplatz of the VfR, which Ley denies, and that the German government purchased the plans of the vehicle!
Grif