DFW/Huth "Ganzmetalleindecker"

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

I can ID this old aircraft,what was it ?.

Attachments

• 717.jpg
    717.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 254
I have no idea
but i can translate the german text

100 HP an?? could be antrieb = Engine

Metal aircraft
no wood
no wires
no cloth

information providing
Heinr. Wollheim ? Osse?tad?
W.9 Voßstrasse 18

Thank you my dear Michel,

I get it,picture 717;

#717 DFW/Huth "Ganzmetalleindecker" (Germany, 1912)
Image Challenge
A streamlined monoplane, built of and entirely covered with aluminium by Dr. Fritz Huth's Deutsche Flugwerft of Johannisthal, Berlin. It was displayed at the 1912 A.L.A. in Berlin, but the displayed machine, powered by an 100 hp Argus, was probably not airworthy and nothing is known about any flights.

http://thefirstairraces.net/stuff/breguet/pre1914index.html

Below another photograph of the same plane.

Source: Schwipps, Schwerer als Luft. Die Frühzeit der Flugtechnik in Deutschalnd (1984), p. 77, with caption (in translation) “Model of a metal monoplane of Dr. Fritz Huth at the ALA in Berlin, built in aluminium or aluminium alloy and steel tubes”.

Lange in his Typenhandbuch, p. 15, says it was shown at the ALA with unfinished wings. Flight tests unknown. Engine: 1 x Argus, 100 hp.

Dr. Fritz Huth’s later Stahltaube (Torpedorumpf-Eindecker) of Deutsche Flugwerft was derived from this model (steel tubes fuselage).

Attachments

• D.Flugwerft ALA 1912.JPG
    D.Flugwerft ALA 1912.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 213
Jemiba said:
Isn't the answer in that source already ? ;)

Thank you my dear Tuizenfloot,and for my dear Jemiba,

I had this picture from long time ago,but I didn't know it's source or own company,so after I open
this topic,I made anther great search,then I found it,so we can merge it with this topic,that's will
be better;

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22491.msg271907.html#msg271907