Dassault LO research

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
From French aerospace mag Air&Cosmos July 1994. I made this drawing based on the magazine article.

Can anybody post the original pic and additional information on Dassault post-Rafale studies in the 90's?

Attachments

• Dassault Future Fighter.jpg
    Dassault Future Fighter.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,578
The only picture I've found showing a Dassault stealth concept is from
the FlugRevue .12.99 and is designated "Future Avion de Combat Europeén",
short FACE.

Attachments

• Dassault_FACE.JPG
    Dassault_FACE.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 1,599
Dassault FACE project...it was more focused on UCAV development rather than a manned aircraft.

Attachments

• FR- Dassault FACE.jpg
    FR- Dassault FACE.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,560
pometablava said:
From French aerospace mag Air&Cosmos July 1994. I made this drawing based on the magazine article.

Can anybody post the original pic and additional information on Dassault post-Rafale studies in the 90's?

This picture is from the book: "Dassault - L'Enterprise - 1945-1995 ... 50 ans d'aventure aéronautique" (C. Carlier / L. Berger) - Vol. 1 (page: 186)

... but sorry, nothing more !

Deino :)

Attachments

• Dassault Stealth 01 original smaller.jpg
    Dassault Stealth 01 original smaller.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,555
found in some presentation

Attachments

• Dassault_stealth_tailless2.jpg
    Dassault_stealth_tailless2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 806
  • Dassault_stealth_ucav.jpg
    Dassault_stealth_ucav.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Dassault_stealth_hale.jpg
    Dassault_stealth_hale.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Dassault_stealth_tailless.jpg
    Dassault_stealth_tailless.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Dassault_stealth_rafale.jpg
    Dassault_stealth_rafale.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 212
THANKS!!!!!!!! This seems to be a part of FACE program - the primary thing, that I want to ask about at the Le Bourget.

Very interesting ! :)

I didn't know the first, the third and the fifth

It was told about the second here : http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=162.0
I saw the fourth, probably in the weekly french magazine Air & Cosmos

Was the fifth designed before or after the second ?

The fourth is a Dassault file shown on Air & Cosmos n°1764 from 29/09/2000. It's a study for the project AVE (Aeronef de validation experimentale = aircraft for experimental validation ?) UAV.

The project foresaw a mix operational flight with one Rafale to command any AVE-UAVs.

AVE reduced scale model

(source: AW&ST October 2000)

Attachments

• img860.jpg
    img860.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 72
  • img861.jpg
    img861.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 75
  • img862.jpg
    img862.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 130
FACE concept from AWST February 2000

according to the test, FACE was a light fighter which could complement the Rafale and Typhoon by 2018

Attachments

• FACE.jpg
    FACE.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 68
Does anybody know why gull wings are surposed to be stealthy (as in Flateric's forth image and the Boeing Bird of Prey)?

Cheers, Woody

PS. Thanks for the pictures.

Probably it (just one wing ;)) is used as some sort of compensation of the missing vertical tail surfaces and for the better directional stability.

Something from Stephen Trimble.

It's only an artist's concept, but this vision (see bottom left-corner, below) of a French fifth-generation strike aircraft definitely caught my attention. The slide appeared during Dassault's press briefing on the Rafale. I didn't have my best camera, it was a dark room, and I had a bad angle, so this is the best I could do with the image. It makes you wonder what else Dassault is thinking about after the Rafale and the unmanned nEUROn demonstrator.

Picture is in low quality, so its difficult to guess (even if its manned or not) but it has shape close to the AVE-D and Grand Duc. It seems logical, considering that the Grand Duc was originally the final full-scale product.

Attachments

• Rafale next gen slide thumb.jpg
    Rafale next gen slide thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,040

Attachments

• Rafale_NGC.jpg
    Rafale_NGC.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 296
So did I with the powerfull software package, however the combination of low quality camera and dark shadows means a lot of jpeg compression, so the important data were lost. However, if it is unmanned, I am almost sure it represents AVE-D shape.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 283
Matej said:
So did I with the powerfull software package, however the combination of low quality camera and dark shadows means a lot of jpeg compression, so the important data were lost. However, if it is unmanned, I am almost sure it represents AVE-D shape.

I thought the same thing. Appears to be very similiar in shape.

Hi everybody,

On a French website, a forumer showed us today a video from a Dassault advertising DVD dating from June 2001.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDiJ2_l3ak

At the end of the video (7'05"), there is an unknown Dassault stealth fighter study/concept, with a "V" tail and "forward swept" air intakes.

Does anyone in the audience know about this concept ?

(I send PM to MIRAGE 4000, alanqua and JC Carbonel to draw their attention to this topic ;) )

Attachments

• Dassault concept chasseur furtif 2001 ou antérieur.png
    Dassault concept chasseur furtif 2001 ou antérieur.png
    995.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Here it's;

hi Hesham.

I don't think. The unknow study is on a Dassault's DVD advertising from 2001 ("Dépot légal : Dassault-Aviation juin 2001", at the end of the video). This drawing shows us a Dassault NGF/FCAS version of 2019.

Last edited:
Was about to comment similar thoughts. The NGF is far too recent for it to be the one in the DVD. It is possible however, that is is a French equivalent to the F-35 (or JSF, to be more accurate), though this is pure speculation.

I would have said the same.... an antecedent to the current SCAF design ? Circa the turn of the century PopMech had postulated that beyond the Petit-Duc drone was a Grand-duc manned aircraft. This rather poor picture looks rather reminiscent of the Duc series but with the intakes on the side instead that on the top ?

JCC

I think there was a picture by that time to a stealth Dassault design,I
saw it in a magazine,but where ?,when I get my memory back,I remember
this.

Back
Top Bottom