• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Dassault Rafale

Deltafan

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
France orders $2.3 billion upgrade for Rafale warplanes

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2019/01/14/france-orders-upgraded-rafale-warplanes-for-23-billion/

Hood

Reaction score
How would they pay for all that stuff? I thought they were paying for Flankers in palm oil? They can barely afford to pay to keep their share of K-FX going either. In fact if they did buy Rafales it could well spell the end for the I-FX programme.

galgot

Reaction score
Website
galgot.com
How would they pay for all that stuff? I thought they were paying for Flankers in palm oil? They can barely afford to pay to keep their share of K-FX going either. In fact if they did buy Rafales it could well spell the end for the I-FX programme.
Not to say it's gonna happen , but it may be about palm oil indeed . On July 2018 UE stated the end of palm oil as 2030, provoking the ire of Indonesia , while Total import hundreds of thousands of tons per year for using in "biofuels". Total is a very powerful lobby in Fr, and Fr is member of UE... So...
I suppose each are discussing about finding ways to sell their stuff.

Last edited:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Yeah, I will believe this when I see the first photos of aircraft in TNI-AU markings. I am sure the interest is there but as to the budget...

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
Dear members,

please try to stay in the topic

Thanks in advance

Deltafan

Reaction score
It seems that the article in the French newspaper La Tribune, the source of the information, is contradicted, or in any case minimized, by the Indonesian Minister of Defense.

Wait and see...