Cyberpunk 2077 Game

Flyaway

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Game removed from store. Also full refunds being offered to consumers. Fairly unprecedented for a triple A title but I am not surprised to be honest. Been looking at some of the numerous bug videos online and it’s clear it was a broken mess when launched. As an owner of an original PS4 glad I cancelled my pre-order months ago.

Damn I hope that's only for PS4 owners and not the PC Master Race. ;) I bought and installed mine last week but haven't had a chance to play it. If there's one thing I hate about the internet it's software companies knowingly shipping broken products because they know they can just patch it later. Even back in the 00s, when I was working in game development, you'd see a category of bug called, "known shippable".

Damn I hope that's only for PS4 owners and not the PC Master Race. ;) I bought and installed mine last week but haven't had a chance to play it. If there's one thing I hate about the internet it's software companies knowingly shipping broken products because they know they can just patch it later. Even back in the 00s, when I was working in game development, you'd see a category of bug called, "known shippable".

Yeah, who do they think they are, a defense contractor?

We had a saying, that is probably good for any manufactured/created item. "On time, on budget, or has all the features. Pick any two." Everything gets revved. And it's not like it's the evil MIC that is the only group guilty of it. Both my Samsung TVs and my Denon receiver have had firmware updates over the internet. Hell I have a navigation update coming for my car via SD card because it wasn't quite new enough to be able to do it wirelessly.

Last edited:
A very long time ago I bought an adventure game for my Atari 520 STFM, set over five time zones it was unusable. I called the company (Bullfrog) to complain about the twenty bugs I had found and their reply was, "So what? We stopped counting at 200". Some improvement then.

A very long time ago I bought an adventure game for my Atari 520 STFM, set over five time zones it was unusable. I called the company (Bullfrog) to complain about the twenty bugs I had found and their reply was, "So what? We stopped counting at 200". Some improvement then.

What was the adventure game?

On one of the versions of Tiger Woods PGA Tour (2003 maybe) we had 2000+ bugs in the bug DB at one point. Most were minor things like a flipped polygon on the side of a fairway or something. Some were software. Even with months of beta testing stuff can slip through because somebody had a hardware configuration that didn't get accounted for. You either do your best, knowing you'll have to patch, or never ship. Which would you prefer?

I cannot remember but one of the time zones was Colditz castle. I don't mind a few bugs but I want the program to at least be usable. In the Colditz castle element for example, the first thing you need to do is escape from your cell but the bug in that location meant moving towards the door transported you out of the castle. My car is near fifty years old and has more 'bugs' than an ant farm, two of which are no heater and an air box for the cabin filter that gets blocked easily and leaks water into the cabin. I like a sauna but not cold and in the cabin of a car I am trying to drive but, I would not give the car up because it works very well most of the time.

I cannot remember but one of the time zones was Colditz castle. I don't mind a few bugs but I want the program to at least be usable. In the Colditz castle element for example, the first thing you need to do is escape from your cell but the bug in that location meant moving towards the door transported you out of the castle. My car is near fifty years old and has more 'bugs' than an ant farm, two of which are no heater and an air box for the cabin filter that gets blocked easily and leaks water into the cabin. I like a sauna but not cold and in the cabin of a car I am trying to drive but, I would not give the car up because it works very well most of the time.

Hmm... was it the Atari ST re-release of Lords of Time from the Time and Magik trilogy?

I have no clue, a lot of water under the bridge. I asked for a refund and had a categorical "Get lost". Fit for purpose was some way off then but even quite recently the gaming industry was claiming that fit for purpose should not apply to them or they would go out of business.

I worked on a complex PC driven machine, new SW version 10 issued, a week later we notice a bug, then another, we go back and check, and those bugs were fixed when we went from 8 to 9. They had clearly started the new version from version 8.......and we charged every customer good money for each update......

View: https://youtu.be/NO_tTnpof_o?t=108

Don't even need to watch it. "Spare parts for twenty-five YEARS. Who cares if it worked or not?" :D

On one of the versions of Tiger Woods PGA Tour (2003 maybe) we had 2000+ bugs in the bug DB at one point. Most were minor things like a flipped polygon on the side of a fairway or something. Some were software. Even with months of beta testing stuff can slip through because somebody had a hardware configuration that didn't get accounted for. You either do your best, knowing you'll have to patch, or never ship. Which would you prefer?
Never ship, a clear option when a certain industry loves to carp about success but whispers about failures and the need to "Support the industry". If you cannot do the job the industry does not need you and customers will not be fleeced. Basically more structure and less mucking about with an OS leads to a stable OS and better programs. Excuses only go so far.

Wow, Cyberpunk is a $hitshow. Game crashes out numerous times, crashed computer entirely (as in the game didn't just shut off, my computer rebooted). Never even got to game play. Uninstalling and will give it another shot in a couple months.

Okay, there are currently half a million people playing Cyberpunk so it's obviously working for some people. Would like to see the stats for hardware for the people playing.

Last edited:
Apparently the forthcoming anime was commissioned long before the game was released, I suspect with the game being such a mess at launch I bet they are glad it’s now being released on Netflix ages after the game. The anime looks to be even more extreme than the game in content judging by the recent NSFW trailer.