Cunarmodel Aeronautica Macchi C.207

R

Retired In Kalifornia

The Aeronautica Macchi C.207 was the final new design development of Mario Castoldi’s (1888-1968) line of shapely interceptor fighters commencing with the 1937-vintage radial engine C.200. An enlarged version of the three-cannon, two machine gun-armed 1,475hp Daimler-Benz DB 605A V-12 inline-powered C.206 under construction by time of the September 8, 1943 Italian Armistice though in bomb-damaged condition the four-cannon armed C.207 also under construction though not completed was to have been powered by a 1,750hp DB 603A-1 V-12 the Regia Aeronautica Italiana beforehand attempting to obtain a production license to build DB 603s three engines purportedly having been delivered from Germany before the armistice. Following the armistice the Repubblica Sociale Italiana attempted to get license-built DB 603-powered FIAT G.56, Macchi C.207 & Reggiane Re.2006 “Serie 6” aircraft into production all efforts subsequently failing though FIAT did get the G.56 into the air under German supervision, Reggiane completing the sole Re.2006 prototype by war’s end though never flown.

Photos below are samples of my photos of the Cunarmodel Aeronautica Macchi C.207 kit build posted on the Stormo Magazine website accessible via Internet web search:

Macchi-C207-Completed-With-Cunarmodel-Tag.jpg

Macchi-C207-Completed-Upper-Front-Right.jpg
Macchi-C207-Completed-Upper-Left-Front.jpg

Macchi-C207-Completed-Lower-Right-Center.jpg
Macchi-C207-Completed-Lower-Left-Center.jpg

Cunarmodel Aeronautica Macchi C.207 Compared In Size To The SUPERMODEL Aeronautica Macchi C.202 Serie I :

Macchi-C207-Completed-With-Serie-I-C202.jpg