Craziest idea for a military vehicle

uk 75

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
As a kid in the 60s I remember being fascinated by the guest vehicle in the second THUNDERBIRDS episode Pit of Peril

The walking US army vehicle also appeared in annuals and TV21 comic and a porcelain replica appeared a few years back.
Watching the video again it would make David A furious but the current US president might think it cool.

Attachments

• e5b915f0b49991f4e6a4f7a2449a84f8.jpg
    e5b915f0b49991f4e6a4f7a2449a84f8.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Sidewinder.jpg
    Sidewinder.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 36
Ah, the U.S. Army Sidewinder walker, and it's Junglecat offshot.

As a kid in the 60s I remember being fascinated by the guest vehicle in the second THUNDERBIRDS episode Pit of Peril

The walking US army vehicle also appeared in annuals and TV21 comic and a porcelain replica appeared a few years back.
Watching the video again it would make David A furious but the current US president might think it cool.

...And now I'm going to have issues getting the concept of a Boston Dynamics "REALLY, REALLY, Big Dog" robot out of my head :)

Randy

But is it any crazier than AT-ATs, or BattleMechs ? As Randy says, the technology now exists, to make such things a reality . . .
I always thought the Tsar Tank, was probably the craziest military vehicle idea, see HERE

cheers,
Robin.

On a bit of a tangent:

Arguably one of the few relatively decent things to come out of the unholy mess that was the trilogy that shall not be named, i.e. the attempt to 'reimagine' the Star Wars universe.