Convair Model 23 supersonic attack seaplane

Did someone save this picture for reinclusion in the topic? Thank you so much!

Here you go -- sorry for the delay in responding. This is the nuclear-powered Convair 23A. The 23B was a considerably larger aircraft, with two pairs of GE X211 direct cycle engines, instead of just one pair, as seen here.

Attachments

• Convair 23A sml.jpg
    Convair 23A sml.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 329
What a sleek design... Neat! Did 23B retain the same general lines, despite the enlargement?

circle-5 said:
-- sorry for the delay in responding.

Did you refer to the 15 minutes gap between your posts or is it something else? :eek: I waited for some responses (not related with you) months, so this makes me smile :)

Matej said:
circle-5 said:
-- sorry for the delay in responding.

Did you refer to the 15 minutes gap between your posts or is it something else? :eek: I waited for some responses (not related with you) months, so this makes me smile :)

I was referring to the 15 minutes. Just being silly.

Stargazer2006 said:
What a sleek design... Neat! Did 23B retain the same general lines, despite the enlargement?

The Convair 23B strategic nuclear-powered seaplane is the model featured on the cover of this book:

Attachments

• Convair Advanced Designs.jpg
    Convair Advanced Designs.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 235
Looks like a neat book
Any more details please???

Regards
Pioneer

Here you go -- sorry for the delay in responding. This is the nuclear-powered Convair 23A. The 23B was a considerably larger aircraft, with two pairs of GE X211 direct cycle engines, instead of just one pair, as seen here.
According to ASP4, the 23A was the conventionally powered member of the family - the rest had nuclear power

According to ASP4, the 23A was the conventionally powered member of the family - the rest had nuclear power

The Model 23A, B C, D were *all* nuclear in their basic designs. There were, however, conventional *derivative* designs of each. "US Supersonic Bomber Projects Vol 2" will have detailed diagrams of, among others, the nuclear powered 23A (delta wing) and the 23A-3 (swept wing).

The Model 23A, B C, D were *all* nuclear in their basic designs. There were, however, conventional *derivative* designs of each. "US Supersonic Bomber Projects Vol 2" will have detailed diagrams of, among others, the nuclear powered 23A (delta wing) and the 23A-3 (swept wing).
I see, then.