CiTrus90's 3D Drawings of Unbuilt Aircraft

Thank you for the three views showing the wing locked to the canard. :)

Thanks for all the compliments!
They are mostly undeserved though, there are way better artists than me on the internet (and here on SPF as well) who really know what they are doing.
I just tinker with things that I like and, to paraphrase Gattuso, sometimes a few things come out nice enough to share.
I'm happy to know there are people that like my renders.
I hope I can keep picking up interesting subjects and meeting your expectations in the future.

If only the DoD hired someone as talented as you for their concept renderings
Thank you!
That's one of the best compliments I've received so far, it strokes me right in the ego :D
I'd love to do concept renders, things like Rodrigo Avella for example, just to name a great artist that does that sort of work (most NGAD renders floating around are his works or are based on them).
Being able to inspire other people with my work is something that came as a surprise side-effect of my efforts, but that I dearly love.
It's a great feeling when I can see people building or printing their own scale models, doing their own drawings and renders or getting more interested in aviation at large just by looking at the "strange beasts" that I try to picture.
It's looking at drawings and pictures when I was a kid that got me into this passion, so I hope I can, in turn, pay my debt back to the next generation of "aviation enthusiasts".
Who knows, maybe a few of them will even be lucky enough to make their dreams come true and become engineers and pilots...
And maybe, that's just because they looked at a picture one day when they were young.

Personally, I love your FMA I.Ae. 48 & Payen RP420 artworks !!!
Congratulations and keep up the good work !

Absolutely wonderful. The attention to accuracy with high turn around time is amazing. Just out of curiosity have you ever attempted doing a series? Like all the proposals for a particular program?

Just out of curiosity have you ever attempted doing a series? Like all the proposals for a particular program?
I believe that happened only for Dan Sharp's bookazine about the F.155T IIRC.
I think I did model all the proposals submitted.

I believe that happened only for Dan Sharp's bookazine about the F.155T IIRC.
I think I did model all the proposals submitted.
Wonderful. So what's your usual approach to picking the next inspiration? Just whatever catch your eyes?

If I may, an ATF proposals would probably be quite epic or navy a/f-x. The selection of the f-22 and its approach to stealth is consequential in all of stealth aircraft programs internationally today. One wonders had Northrop been chosen or, God forbid, Mcdonnell Douglas's with its rough faceted surfaces, China's j-20, Turkey's KAAN, India's AMCA, Korea's KF-21 would end up looking the way they do.

Wonderful. So what's your usual approach to picking the next inspiration? Just whatever catch your eyes?
Yes, it's pretty much just that.

But once something has caught my fancy then I'd also need access to enough resources in order to make a 3d model of it.
Like, for example, 3 views or (missing those) technical drawings, pictures from different angles of wind tunnel/display models (top, side, front, rear, 3/4), etc..

If I don't have enough material to confidently depict an aircraft, I usually refrain from doing it.
For example, I've done a 3d model of Nuri Demirağ Nu.D.40, but I have not completed it because there is no drawing available that can give me a sufficiently high degree of confidence as to what the glazing/canopy of the aircraft would have looked like.
Or, as another example, I've done a 3d model of Northrop's FB-23, which I don't feel like sharing, because its proportions do not match the ones in the pictures of the display model. I've attempted to create a "more correct" 3 view of it than those already available, but it's not good enough for my OCD, thus ensuing in frustration.
Waiting to see if better references emerge with the passing of time is usually what happens then.

There's plenty of great "paper" aircraft that I'd like to depict, but at a certain point I have to ask myself if what I'm doing is attempting a correct representation of what said aircraft would have looked like or if I'm making my own aircraft.
If the balance is towards the latter, then this is not the place for such an image.

I must admit that I followed the X-32's progress more closely than the X-35 during the JSF contest years.
It's ugly but there is something that little dumpy aircraft that sparks something. The poor A-7 got nicknamed SLUF but I always thought that was a reasonable looking aircraft too.

I think it became aesthetically pleasing with the addition of the empennage. In a beefy, supersonic brick sorta way.