Chinese secret projects

Etoski

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Website
www.go4x4.eu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJgmMhLBDxM

I found this video on Youtube.
Which of these projects are real and carried out by the Chinese today? Or is it all just bogus?

I can only comment on the manned fighters and bombers. In the words of Bill and Ted, BOGUS. The stealth bomber is clearly someone having fun with a B-2, the rest of the stuff? Probably fanart, but I suspect a lot of these programs are created by the given aerospace company so they have something to put in their booths at the trade shows.

If they are not fan-art, they are propaganda. It's as simple as that. I cannot believe the stated dates. Furthermore, the JXX production stills look like the F22 Raptor. I'm not saying China is not catching up, but this seems deceivingly optimistic.

If I may speak so freely, I for one am growing very tired of the Chinese fanboys and their incessant spreading of home-made propaganda. I would kindly ask them to get another hobby, but perhaps this is the only hobby their government allows.

Yeah, I'm going to have to call bullpucky :D on that.

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w7uw9FNZ8s[/flash]

Even this is more convincing, LOL.

royabulgaf said:
I can only comment on the manned fighters and bombers. In the words of Bill and Ted, BOGUS. The stealth bomber is clearly someone having fun with a B-2, the rest of the stuff? Probably fanart, but I suspect a lot of these programs are created by the given aerospace company so they have something to put in their booths at the trade shows.

This is probably it, but let's be honest, that's a habit every company, West or east is in. After all, if you can get the Congresscritter/politburo member/ newspaper reporter to go "ooooohhhhh" at your incredible artist rendering of a project that is "almost ready to go" (once you design, it prototype it, and somehow change the bits on the artist conceptin that would make a real aircraft fall apart), your changes of getting at least a development contract are much higher than they were.

There's some rumor about this picture going on at SDF ... reportedly the JH-7B (aka JH-XX) prototype !

IMO sadly once again a ps-job, but it fits nicely to Huitong's latest update:

.... The latest rumor (May 2011) claimed a much improved version with stealth features, new avionics and DSI (JH-7B?) has been under development at 603/XAC and the first prototype may have been constructed.

Deino

Attachments

• JH-XX fake most likely.jpg
    JH-XX fake most likely.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 891
China J-18 Red Eagle 5th Generation STOVL Stealth Fighter Leaked Pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0fT7REvuI4
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0fT7REvuI4
IMHO Fanart, but the last picture showing the STOVL lift system is quite interesting. Based on earlier JSF concepts?

Jane's might have got it also wrong... ???

I Found this scanned article via Internet:
201212684457.jpg

Code:
http://www.chinanews.com/2012/1206/201212684457.jpg

Come on. People with much more experience in designing STVOL fighter than the Chinese have all determined that a STVOL fighter with twin main engines simply doesn't work because an engine failure during hover would swiftly capsize the plane and kill the pilot. What is shown in the photo has 2 main engines. With all their alledged cunning and powess in industrial espinage, how can the Chinese not know the experience of, say Yakavlev, and would try to steer down the same blind alley again?

China has had quite it's fair share of aviation fanart. I did actually like that "J-13" design when I first saw it. Looks like there is influence from the Boeing ATF in the inlet design.

At risk of going off-topic, I have wondered why it is considered such a bad idea to have a twin-engined STOVL/VTOL aircraft. In a single-engined plane, having that one engine fail will still cause you to crash. Is the main problem the rolling moment induced by an engine failure in a twin design, making it harder to successfully eject? I find that curious in regards to past designs. Wouldn't the Bell D-188 have had a similar problem? The Northrop N-251? What of the Yak-141? If one of their forward lift jets died, you'd get a pitching moment. Did the engine-out implications have anything to do with the relative lack of success of these designs?

I think you could have a STOVL using two main engines if you stuck with the gas-driven lift fan idea. That way both engines could drive the lift fan without the need of a complex transmission. Your motors would have to be very close together (ie no F-14 or SU layout) otherwise a STOL landing on one engine would be too difficult.

Yak tried several times to design a twin engined VTOL fighter with separate lift engine and thrust vectoring cruise engines. Each time they concluded having twin thrust vectoring cruise engines won't work because failure of a single cruise engine during hover would likely roll the plane too fast for the pilot to eject. Yet they always manage to make the separate cruise and lift engine work.

My guess is because the plane's mass tends to be clustered very tightly about is roll axis, the plane tends to have mass low moment of inertia about the roll axis. Hence failure of one cruise engine would roll the plane very quickly. On the other hand, the plane's mass tends to be spread out along its fuselage, so the plane tends to have high mass moment of inertia about is pitch axis. So the failure of a lift engine would not actually pitch the plane down as fast as the failure of one of the two cruise engines would roll the plane. So failure of a lift engine would not be as deadly as failure of one of two cruise engines.

To admit I'm a bit angry - and even more diappointed - on Jane's !!! How on earch can such a BS make it into a JDW report ???? :eek: :mad:
I know I'm again too arrogant but it seems that me with the latest news on Chinese aviation everyone can publish nearly everything in this regard.

That's simply a J-20 RC model ;D - and at least anyone who would do a bit of research would easily find out ! ::) - but to assume a twin engined VTOL-type being under development in China based on the J-20 :p .... what the hell became of Jane's ?????

Deino

Attachments

• Unknown type near SAC 1.jpg
    Unknown type near SAC 1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 303
  • Unknown type near SAC 2.jpg
    Unknown type near SAC 2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Unknown type near SAC 3.jpg
    Unknown type near SAC 3.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 226
  • Unknown type near SAC 4.jpg