China Lake, White Sands, Nevada and other US test ranges

the threat emitters (until recently) use only simple parabolic antennas, not phase array as Top Dome:
The phased antenna array is distinguished by the originality of the device. Instead of individual radiating elements, it is equipped with a central emitter and a flat reflective mirror

so US gov know about SA-N-6 fairly more than some would like

Last edited:
the threat emitters use only simple parabolic antennas, not phase array
The phased antenna array is distinguished by the originality of the device. Instead of individual radiating elements, it is equipped with a central feed and a flat reflective mirror

so US gov know about SA-N-6 fairly more than some would like

I mean they do build realistic threat simulator there. Which is why i doubt it's a real SA-N-6 antenna.

I know it's a reflective phased array type, but it was never exported.

Attachments

• 21-04-Williamson.pdf
    191.4 KB · Views: 7
I mean they do build realistic threat simulator there. Which is why i doubt it's a real SA-N-6 antenna.

I can show 25+ photos of various threat emitters (include modern) and among them no one with phased array, don't think the dozens systems is unrealistic, most likely you just fanboy of russian bias

Last edited:

I can show 25+ photos of various threat emitters and among them no one with phased array, don't think dozens systems is unrealistic, most likely you just fanboy of russian bias

Hello... you can read the documents i provided.. and see how faithful they are reproducing the SNR-125 for SA-3. and there is simulator of Bar Lock too which very faithful with the differences is within the feedhorn it use, and there is one for P-12 (oborona) too.. which parabolic but not a simple one. And i wonder why not phased array one... As far as i remember there are studies on clutter resistance for SA-10 Radar.. this may involve actually building a phased array for study as simple parabolic cannot simulate clutter return from a phased array one.

And it's too bad that you have to resort to calling me a fanboy and Russian bias. Because i can assure you my interest toward the 3R41 is purely technical. You can see my thread about it but if you cant be bothered to read it let me tell you.

You see if you read anything about Soviet naval SAM radar, you will found that in respect of phased arrays. the Navy have some kind of preferences on Reflective phased array. until recently where the latest Fort and the one they sold to China use backplane feed as the ground based one. You can see Cross Sword, Orekh and then the Fort. They are all reflective array.

The question for me is why.. because the merit of reflective array compared to conventional backplane feed is not as advantageous as you introduce aperture blocking and potential vulnerability to cross pol jammer as the antenna now have curves in its radome.

So not because it is superior or mysterious... but a question on why it should be a reflective array.

Wonderful video. No trees, no power lines, no buildings and a BIG aircraft. I will have to hold onto the address to reuse every time someone claims aircraft cannot operate in an ADA environment.

I would hate to have been the flight engineer and load master on that C-130 being flown like a fighter. That was a heck of a flight there.

photo of targets assets storage site from https://www.mysterywire.com/military-tech/military-mystery-tour-of-the-mojave-desert/

civil SUVs, trucks, buses
metall silos
hundreds Humvee's
a lot of armored vehicles, M113 (one in NASA colors!), probably M60 tanks
three mockups of Flap Lid radar, mockup SA-10 launcher, native or mockup SA-8 Gecko and SA-6 radar
ISO containers
four helicopter bodies
mockups of ballistic missiles
few towed howitzers, 5-ton trucks
another unidentified things which is ready to blow

Last edited:

header-center.png

Through the efforts of the White Sands Missile Range (WSMR) Cultural Resource Management staff, 40 years of WSMR's own newspaper, Wind and Sand (1950 to 1969) and the Missile Ranger (1969 to 1990) are now available for viewing.

The online collection dates from the first ever issue of Wind and Sand from March 16, 1950 to the March 2, 1990 publication of the Missile Ranger. Hundreds of complete editions, previously in storage at the WSMR Public Affairs Office have been digitally scanned to offer a chronicle of WSMR's colorful and highly significant history to present and former WSMR employees, the public, and researchers. The WSMR historic newspaper archive brings much of WSMR's extraordinary past to your computer screen in high resolution, downloadable Adobe PDF format, including an easily searchable index of all available issues. Individual issues are keyword searchable, a valuable tool for anyone seeking specific information on WSMR's compelling past.

Originally published weekly, each edition provides unique insights into day-to-day Range activities, including social events, personal interest stories, and international, national, and local news stories. Front page coverage is devoted to reporting events such as the Soviet launch of Sputnik, President Kennedy's 1963 visit to WSMR or the 1978 flood at WSMR which tragically claimed the life of Private Martin Owen and the family he was trying to save.

Ongoing efforts to document and archive WSMR history by the WSMR Museum and by the WSMR Historic Foundation have been tremendous. Theavailability of the digitized newspapers is an exceptional enhancement to these efforts.

PLEASE see “Useful Links” above for additional WSMR historic documents being added regularly.

We invite you to take some time and enjoy the rich past of White Sands Missile Range found in this tremendous resource.

Last edited:

mentioned is giant refrigerator for "freeze-and-shoot", neutron reactor, solar furnace facility

Last edited: