China AVIC hypersonic aircraft/UAV?

antigravite

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hi.

As always, this material comes form the [Elixir] organization, which has associated it to an hypersonic aircraft, although it looks a bit more like a supersonic stealth UAV to me…

Source file unchanged, said to originate from an AVIC brochure.

What is this?

A.

Attachments

• 2016-09-09-La-schizophre?nie-«-Hypersonique-»-Phase-II-16-947x1024.jpg
    2016-09-09-La-schizophre?nie-«-Hypersonique-»-Phase-II-16-947x1024.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 676
Hi.

If we look back at issued patents with very little homework, i.e. at the most elementary level, only 2 patents show up, though a bit unrelated.

One such AVIC patent filed in 2014 might unveil an experimental test article whose utility now appears very obvious given the recent information we have. Quite useful to connect the dots.

Patent No: CN203921184
Title: Nose cone of hypersonic flight vehicle
Inventor(s): WANG CHUN; OU ZHENGLIANG; WANG YAO; ZHAO TONGGANG; KUANG JIANMIN; YE BIN +
Applicant(s): AVIC CHENGDU AIRCRAFT DESIGN & RES INST +
Application number: CN20142213550U 20140429
Priority number(s): CN20142213550U 20140429
Abstract :The utility model provides a nose cone of a hypersonic flight vehicle. The nose cone of the hypersonic flight vehicle is characterized in that the nose cone (1) of the hypersonic flight vehicle comprises a nose cone structure (2) and an embedded type air data sensing device (6), wherein the nose cone structure (2) comprises a front nose part (3), a conical barrel (4) and a rear end frame (5), the front nose part (3) is arranged at the front end of the conical barrel (4), the rear end frame (5) is arranged at the rear end of the conical barrel (4), the front nose part (3), the conical barrel (4) and the rear end frame (5) are connected to form a hollow nose cone structure after the relative positions of the front nose part (3), the conical barrel (4) and the rear end frame (5) are determined, and a run-through pressure tap is formed in the front nose part (3).

The other AVIC patent is entitled "Two-section type pre-compression central arced curve blade profile structure"(patent No.CN105465040). It was also filed in 2014 but issued in April 2016; it is related to airbreathing engine technology, with the AVIC Shenyang design & Research institute as applicant…

So yes, AVIC investigates hypersonics for those still doubting it.

A.

PS) The attached patent image is very different from the claimed but unlikely hypersonic unmanned hypersonic aircraft on the AVIC brochure.

Attachments

• AVIC-Patent-CN203921184.png
    AVIC-Patent-CN203921184.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 458
antigravite said:

What is this?

A.
whatever it is, it's not hypersonic

flateric said:
antigravite said:

What is this?

A.
whatever it is, it's not hypersonic

Flateric, congrats.
This makes you triple smart
This information from AVIC also puzzled me at first sight. It is everything but hypersonic, of course.
Not only do I agree with you, but this is one of the many problems with information available from the source.
They are interesting but mixed with other stuff making it very difficult to get a clear, unblurred understanding of the situation.
This has strategic consequences. Which your implicitly pointed out. And quite naturally.

Thx alot

A.

Caption says "High - altitude high - speed UAV"

flateric said:
Caption says "High - altitude high - speed UAV"

The information came from this page wherein the D21 was heavily mentioned in a Chinese "hypersonic" context:
http://www.eastpendulum.com/schizophrenie-hypersonique-phase-ii
Thx. Let us see what I can do with that. You made my day.

;-)

Hi,

This is very important news AND has to be fact checked. FACT CHECKED.

The [Elixir] organization did it again.

1 - A whole suite of detailed informations claiming that China recently flew tested its new hypersonic aircraft, has been published today October 28th, on the French-language blog eastpendulum. Link here:

http://www.eastpendulum.com/engin-hypersonique-nouvel-essai-28-octobre

I urge those of you interested in Chinese hypersonic affairs, to fact-check all pieces of information including NOTAMs, NOTAM sources, NOTAM analysis and patents referenced and documented by said organization.

I have never been able to find any information source as well informed and as reactive as [Elixir] skilled in the art of chinese strategic affairs anywhere else. This is very puzzling. In the past, though, I have been able to deconstruct some of their published sources to compare information origin and how it was recycled for a non chinese speaking audience; this deconstruction process took time and is documented elsewhere in one of this forum's many Chinese hypersonic thread here:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,20592

2 - Three weeks ago, a blog post claimed to exclusively "unveil" one of China's many hypersonic experimental airbreathers, was published in French. (See screengrab).

Enjoy AND remember to FACT CHECK anything from this source. I try to.

A.

PS) Paragraph 1 slightly edited

Attachments

• elixir-eastpendulum-hypersonic-annoucement-20161028.png
    elixir-eastpendulum-hypersonic-annoucement-20161028.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 243
  • elixir-eastpendulum-hypersonic-announcement-20161007.png
    elixir-eastpendulum-hypersonic-announcement-20161007.png
    244.4 KB · Views: 245