Why are there what look like three small struts on each side between the underside of the forward fuselage and the top of the intake? I presume they are there for structure reasons, but it my naive mind it seems to be simpler and more efficient to have a larger single central splitter wedge?

Or perhaps those little struts also serve as antennas of some sort?

Another one.

JP, the struts seem structural, and look like a quick fix- yet they were on the first prototype and the production machines too.

Attachments

• 0029.jpg
    0029.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 155
Perhaps some sort of aerodynamic fix- the last pic you posted (0030.jpg) shows them each angled differently to the direction of flight. Sort of like a vortex generator, if you will.

I can see those as either vanes for directing the boundary layer flow off the splitter plate or as some extra support for the inlet that had to be added on after the basic design was done and a "clean-up" was never done for whatever reason (costs, new tooling requirements, etc.).

Found a press release dated tomorrow...

http://www.avic1.com.cn/Chinese/xwzx/detail/20070102_10.htm

Nice pic showing pylons;

Attachments

• t1793a1.jpg
    t1793a1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 196
overscan said:
Nice pic showing pylons;

looks like the original picture of the no.05 on take-off in a air-to-ground pylon configuration which is also published at the AVIC1-site a few days ago but with the pylons erased by photoshop .... but I still have that bad feelings here's also something wrong ! ???

Deino

Deino said:
overscan said:
Nice pic showing pylons;

looks like the original picture of the no.05 on take-off in a air-to-ground pylon configuration which is also published at the AVIC1-site a few days ago but with the pylons erased by photoshop .... but I still have that bad feelings here's also something wrong ! ???

Deino
Look at the wing tip launcher on the right wing, that`s something new, isnt it? ;) Those tiny pylons near front undercarriage doors look prety funny, I doubt they are assigned to carry missiles, rather some sort of electronic pods. What you think?

mrdetonator said:
Look at the wing tip launcher on the right wing, that`s something new, isnt it? ;) Those tiny pylons near front undercarriage doors look prety funny, I doubt they are assigned to carry missiles, rather some sort of electronic pods. What you think?

That's what I was thinking about ... for my opinion that bird stil had the typical PL-8 but this has been errased now !

Regarding the pylons they are at least capable to carry a free-fall 250 kg bomb as shown on the prototype 1006 below. I agree that the carryage of missilies is unlikely but a laser-designator or FLIR-pod could be possible !

Deino

Attachments

• J-10A 5.10.04 bigger.jpg
    J-10A 5.10.04 bigger.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 168
But I truely don't know why everytime the PL-8's were errased ! ???

Cheers, Deino ;D

Attachments

• J-10A no. 01 yellow take off.jpg
    J-10A no. 01 yellow take off.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 126
  • J-10A no. 1004 + 1006 IFR.jpg
    J-10A no. 1004 + 1006 IFR.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 100
  • J-10A yellow + brake chute.jpg
    J-10A yellow + brake chute.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 144
Quite interesting two very clear pictures of the no. 1004 prototype and the 1006 with and without the IFR-probe and bombs !

Attachments

• J-10A no. 1004 + pod.jpg
    J-10A no. 1004 + pod.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 165
  • J-10A no. 1006 + bombs 01.jpg
    J-10A no. 1006 + bombs 01.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 138
  • J-10A no. 1006 + bombs 02.jpg
    J-10A no. 1006 + bombs 02.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 157
  • J-10B front close up.jpg
    J-10B front close up.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 131
... upps ... I forgot one ! This time from the pre-production block !

Attachments

• J-10A no. 01 + 05 + flowers.jpg
    J-10A no. 01 + 05 + flowers.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 126
Geez.... the doubleseater picture is really stunning, starting to love that plane too. :D ,but those "metal" strips between the fuselage and engine intake are really spoiling the look at this beauty shaped aircraft.

Attachments

• index1.jpg
    index1.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 92
TY-90 is in service on helicopters I think, PL-9 is primarily an export AAM I think - front line units seem to use PL-8, the Python 3 clone.

The plot thickens...

http://www.china.org.cn/english/MATERIAL/194695.htm

Pictures here have PL-8 visible.

Attachments

• 379118.jpg
    379118.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 100
  • 379113.jpg
    379113.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 379117.jpg
    379117.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 379110.jpg
    379110.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 379112.jpg
    379112.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 122
overscan said:
On some of the closeups the "struts" definitely appear to be movable.

That would make me think that they're in place as a means of controlling the diverted boundary layer to minimize drag effects.

I'm wondering - judging by the apparently random alignment I can see- whether they might be free moving under the influence of the air rather than controlled?

elmayerle said:
overscan said:
On some of the closeups the "struts" definitely appear to be movable.

That would make me think that they're in place as a means of controlling the diverted boundary layer to minimize drag effects.
When those vanes are controling boundary layer, they are acting the same way as vortex generators which actually increase drag, especially at trans/supersonic flow. Am I right? Although, I can imagine the original design without those vanes causing even more drag penalties (pressure build-ups) above the splitter plate. Maybe a design flaw, the splitter plate too far from the front fuselage. The cause, the inlet structure more stressed and therefore susceptible to material fatiguing.

overscan said:
I'm wondering - judging by the apparently random alignment I can see- whether they might be free moving under the influence of the air rather than controlled?
What pictures are showing the random alignment? That would be not necessary and a bit complicated making them free moving, not to mention controlable when just for air-stream redirecting. I think they are fixed.

Hmmmm .... good question ! ??? Fixed or not ... I'm stil not sure and by comparing these close-up shots I would say at lest the first one is fixed, maybe the other two not, but I don't think they are controlled by some kind rather and alleigned by the airstream !

Cheers, Deino ???

Attachments

• J-10A intake detail 2.jpg
    J-10A intake detail 2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 171
  • J-10A intake detail.jpg
    J-10A intake detail.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 164
  • J-10A airintake detail b+w.jpg
    J-10A airintake detail b+w.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 163
The intake reminds me of the F-16/79 (see http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article12.html ). Perhaps the aircraft was designed for an engine that never happened so had to be modified for the one it has, leading to a bit of a 'bodge' on the intake (or is waiting for a more powerful engine)?

Whether or not they move (I would guess not - too liable to damage and seem too wideley spaced to control any flow, although I would assume they are aligned with local flow and this may have been fiddled with during development) they do not seem like something you would willingly add. And the splitter does seem too far from the fuselage - the rule of thumb for the amount of separation I was taught was 'an inch per yard'!

I think I was wrong. In each pic the first strut is parallel to the airflow, the second two angled away.

mrdetonator said:
Geez.... the doubleseater picture is really stunning, starting to love that plane too. :D ,but those "metal" strips between the fuselage and engine intake are really spoiling the look at this beauty shaped aircraft.

The struts are similar in use to those used in the MiG 1.44. Look closely in the MiG in the same spot above the spiltter intake.

harrier said:
The intake reminds me of the F-16/79 (see http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article12.html ). Perhaps the aircraft was designed for an engine that never happened so had to be modified for the one it has, leading to a bit of a 'bodge' on the intake (or is waiting for a more powerful engine)?

Not surprisingly, since the plane may have been designed for a Chinese engine called the WS-10 (later upgraded to the WS-10A). The core is said to be inspired from the CFM-56, and thus may have more in relation to the GE F110 series than the AL-31F. At least we should expect this engine may have a higher bypass ratio. The J-11 prototypes appearing with the engine appears to have a thicker engine cowling, so this engine might have a larger diameter.

Hi Tam ! Nice to meet You here and a very warm wellcome as Your contributions are always very interesting !

Wish You a happy new year and many interesting discussions reagrding Chinese projects here !

Cheers, Deino ;D

Just a question … but besides the unveilance itself and all that typical media hype and discussions around were there any new insights into the development history or official reports about dimensions and performances ?? ???

Cheers, Deino

Annihilates 10 fighter planes test flights process to reveal maritime version develops the comprehensive advancement (chart)
Http://www.sina.com.cn on January 04, 2007 11:54 south weekend

China is spatial military train installs annihilates 10 fighter planes to lift off takes off the picture origin: Aviation on-line
□Wang Jieqing

□newspaper Reporter Su Yongtong

01 prototypes from zero birth

Annihilates -10 from develops is ambitious, also therefore prepares is paid attention □□for instance, it as soon as started on locking most to be in vogue at that time "the canard shape" the air operated layout. As the domestically produced third generation fighter aircraft, its duty surpasses the world advanced level.

1980 at the beginning of ages, the aviation industry reformulated "renewed a generation, developed generation, a advanced research generation" the development policy, namely with more advanced annihilated -7, annihilates -8 substitution partial old style fighter planes; The development annihilates -7, annihilates -8 successor advanced version; Take the Mig -29, Soviet -27 as the main operational goal, the advanced research can satisfy the advanced fighter aircraft which around 2000 battles needs.

A Chinese navigation subordinate Chengdu airplane industry (group) company original deputy general manager Xu De introduced, in 1982, after when is appointed Central Military Committee President Deng Xiaoping has listened to Zou Jiahua (when is appointed national defense science and industry committee assistant director) to report, proposed must newly do to have independently The intellectual property rightsairplane, invests 5 hundred million.

The development duty gives Chengdu the airplane design research institute (also to call 611).

Under January, 1986, the State Council, the Central Military Committee united sends the document, the authorization annihilates -10 sets up a development, the code number is ten projects □□"locates F16 at that time, the disparity is very big." Xu De said.

In the domestic some experts looked like at that time pursues F16 "to be able not hold a candle". At that time China most advanced annihilated -8 fighter plane, also was only the second-generation machine, but advanced third generation fighter plane US'S F15, F16 and the Soviet Mig -29, already started to equip and the application actual combat.

When year 56 year-old Song Wencong leading signer holds the post annihilates -10 chief designer, he before this once played an important role the design to annihilate -7C, in the name was the domestic product, but the technology still was imitates Soviet the Mig -21 fighter plane.

Passes through repeatedly screens in the entire air force scope, 24 people enter test pilot's inspection.

First time attends class, the pilots are all dumfounded. "Such airplane has not always seen!" Annihilates -10 completely uses the computer operation, this to already is familiar with the first second-generation airplane tension bar, the pedal rudder pilot said, is a brand-new domain.

In annihilates in -10 design, China uses the modern airplane design idea for the first time, puts the person and the system to the same place carries on the research, achieves a man-machine body. "Before all is the pilot adapts the airplane, now designed the idea to change, the design human nature, the pilot as soon as entered the cabin, did not have the uncomfortable place." Test pilot Lei Qiang said.

In 1993, Lei Qiang and so on 5 people blooming, is "the chief test pilot group" member □□this also is and international connects rails by the determination. This year, the quality simulates the test platform to complete, in the above simulator operation logic, the light illumination and the cabin all equipment completely are all same with the real airplane, the test pilot also may train the different meteorological condition, the different special situation flying status.

From the second-generation mechanical drive fighter plane, to the third generation numeral fax airplane, surmounts extremely in a big way. From the air operated contour layout, flies to the digital fax controls the system, from the integrated navigation electricity system, to the computer-aided design, annihilates -10 completely "is reborn", only the new end product rate reaches as high as 60%.

All from zero start.

The test pilot becomes important 参与者 which the airplane develops. Only on new aspect and so on fighter plane cabin, landing gear improves, they put forward the nearly thousand proposals. Not only that, they also directly participate in the design, the airplane handle, gas lever and so on, all is they uses children's modeling clay to pinch.

Designs the personnel not airborne feeling, only can depend upon the pilot to feed back the information, repeatedly modifies, unceasingly consummates.

In November, 1997, annihilated -1001 prototype, finally stopped on the starting line. The thunder strongly is the head flies the pilot by the determination.

"Now at last is called the genuine fighter aircraft!"

On March 23, 1998, annihilated -1001 type noses to fly.

The Chengdu military region wenchiang airport, the number of people sways. In the aircraft parking area, a yellow painting, has the canard shape structural configuration the new fighter plane quietly to stand □□it is annihilates -10.

A second-generation fighter plane belongs static stabilizes the airplane, the third generation fighter plane belongs to the static unstable airplane.

"Popularly says, the static stability, is just like a steel ball to admit in the bowl, how no matter rolls, it finally all can find a stable center of resistance; Static is unstable, then is just like a steel ball puts to another steel ball on, theoretically says should have a spot to be able to put lives, in fact must fall down." Becomes flies company vice- chief engineer in the seedling article to explain.

The country outside flies three generation of airplanes, generally all uses adds the counterweight the means, causes it to turn traditional the static stability airplane, after waits the test pilot to be completely skilled changes again. The start, designs the personnel also to want to use the international convention, but then, the cycle at least lengthens for half year.

The chief designer solicits Lei Qiang the opinion, Lei Qiang said that, "We cannot follow behind others, also cannot wait." He soaks daily on the flight simulator trains, but not merely is courageous.

The thunder strongly wears the loose skinned orange red flight suit which specially makes, moves towards the fighter plane. He likes drank, reddens all over the face. Accompanies him production brigade political commissar to hold his hand, as soon as takes the pulse, 150! The thunder is strong silently climbs up hangs the ladder, strides in the engine room, as soon as turns head, discovered sees off on the test flight bureau bureau long face for him to hang all over the tears.

The ignition, slides, the acceleration, the tension bar, the airplane leaps the horizon, punctures to the blue sky.

The fighter plane flew after the airport three, Lei Qiang discovered the fuel oils also have surplus, the instruction fly again. After 20 minutes, the new fighter plane in airborne has delimited an arc, steadily descends on the runway, an entire airport piece of ebullition. "Now at last is called the genuine fighter aircraft!" Strongly goes down the airplane the thunder incomparably to be excited.

http://jczs.news.sina.com.cn/p/2007-01-04/1154424536.html

In 1986, 56 year-old Song Wencong is appointed by the national defense science and industry committee as the national key model airplane chief designer, hereafter more than 20 years, he racks one's brains for our country new fighter plane development, works wholeheartedly. In he more than 40 years aviation profession, the fear is not always difficult, the bold innovation, diligently seizes the aviation science and technology development the commanding point, by filled with serves the country the enthusiasm, is displaying the aviation construction blueprint, lets hawk of the fight spread the wings in the blue sky to hover.

Reporter: We knew that, you have held the post of the many patterns new airplane design always, when you personally strictly check the design production airplane hovers in the blue sky, in your heart is what type feeling?

Song Wencong: Annihilates when -7 some advanced version, new airplane two flies, my mood is different. Annihilates when -7 some advanced version flies, my mood is extremely intense, worried the landing gear or any place can have the problem, two closely stare at the airplane not to dare to move. New flies the nose flies, the mood is extremely excited but is not certainly intense. Reasonably said the new airplane used the new layout, new has been systematic, new end product, new technology and so on, the difficulty was much bigger, but because I knew when our plan advanced, the design was strict, the technology was stands up to the most rigorous test, the primary device, the subsystem have all carried on the top-down synthesis, has carried on the repeatedly ground experiment.

Reporter: You positively recommend the new style air operated configuration in the new machine triturating, what significance does this have?

Song Wencong: The canard shaped layout is we and overseas synchronization starts to study the place, same year did annihilated -9 fighter plane non- tail plane plan time, we proposed the canard shaped tailless layout. The 60's, US starts to study the use detach 涡to increase the airplane lifting force. We in annihilated on -9 fighter plane to carry on the experiment. For the new fighter aircraft configuration, we did very experimented, in front of the definite plan, the wind tunnel has blown the up to ten thousand orders. Our country new fighter plane contour design and the air operated layout completely are we does, with the aid of the overseas strength, this point I had not thought very arrogantly, very is proud.

Reporter: We understood has a time, new airplane first has smoothly completed the sonic speed flight, everybody immerses in joyfully in, but you actually thought is not certainly ideal, decided to is again new machine carries on the various revision, whether you all do persist the best quality safeguard in any detail?

Song Wencong: Yes, I think a huge project not only to have to pay attention to the whole, must pay attention solves each partial essential technical question. As the chief designer, I also must consider profounder. The possible some people to be able to think some molds and the components must discard, must spend more time and the energy, but we took airplane the designer, must all hit the hard war every time, we hand over must is a complete question answer, like this only then calculated has completed own responsibility.

http://jczs.news.sina.com.cn/2007-01-04/2035424660.html

Picture of Song Wencong

Attachments

• U1220P27T1D424660F3DT20070104203543.jpg
    U1220P27T1D424660F3DT20070104203543.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 103
Yang Wei management next generation fighter aircraft studies the equipollent big project in advance (chart)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Http://jczs.sina.com.cn on December 30, 2006 11:43 commission of science

Annihilates -10 two-seated version and "the owlet dragon" fighter plane chief designer Yang is great
Yang is great, male, had been born in May, 1963, in 1985 graduated from northwest industrial university, technology master, the researcher. Successively holds China aviation industry first group company Chengdu airplane design research institute specialized group leader, laboratory assistant director, director, research institute vice- manager, the vice- chief designer, routine vice- manager, incumbent chief designer, manager. Is our country some significant special flying stock character style fax flight control system 开拓者. Holds the post of the national some key model two-seated version airplane and the owlet dragon/FC - 1 airplane chief designer.

Yang Wei wins the level advance in technology second prize, the third prize many times, once obtained Sichuan and the aviation industry main corporation has prominent

Contributes the expert title, is the Sichuan defense industry ten big outstanding youths, once won the key model to fly the nose to fly the Merit Citation, First Class, was a Chinese navigation aviation serves the country the technical point soldier, is evaluated the defense industry model labor, attained the first session central enterprise ten big outstanding youths titles of honor, is awarded the Chinese youth 54 medals titles, was 2003 year China ten big science and technology newsperson, in 2005 is awarded the nation model labor title.

Is small, Yang Weijiu has a firm faith, namely no matter makes any, all must do well it, moreover certainly must make an important matter, wants an achievement enterprise. By reason of to this faith persisting, he continuously maintains the extremely outstanding academic record, the interest very is being also widespread, likes the aviation knowledge, the recreational activity, so long as is oneself is interested, each matter he all extremely invests attentively goes studies, does. Now, he holds the post of Chengdu airplane design research institute manager, the chief designer, simultaneously holds the post of some key model biplace plane and the our country new generation of foreign trade military aircraft owlet dragon airplane chief designer, the management next generation fighter aircraft studies the equipollent big project in advance, already became an outstanding young airplane chief designer.

The distance, only then just started

In when at the beginning of 1978 graduated, Yang Weijiu has registered for northwest industrial university - one therefore "three navigations" (aviation, astronautics, navigation) characteristic famous institute of higher education. At that time west labor teacher saw can test the outstanding result to year only 15 year-old junior middle school graduates in the college entrance examination, firmly incurred immediately him has entered northwest industrial university aerodynamics specialty. Yang Weijiu strided in the aviation front door like this, starts to pursue the broad ideal 执著 which his that aviation serves the country.

In 1985 graduated, just went out the ivory tower Yang Weidai a warm-blooded youth's ambition and the aspiration, started truly to invest to him yearns for with in the deep love airplane design work. The job assignment on graduation to the Chengdu airplane design research institute work is, because his graduate student graduation project topic which he diligently strives for comes is this research institute the content which develops about the national some key model airplane. "At that time I on by reason of a newborn calf did not fear tiger's impulse, directly arrived at that time the chief designer's office, said can give me to be allowed to find out the entire various aspects scientific research situation the work. To the present, I all also clearly remembered at that time mister the teacher the speech which said to me: Must want to make a matter, must gradually start from you foot, each step walks, then you naturally can do in a big way, does deeply." Now already obtained the huge achievement and many honors Yang at the enterprise great, when recalled in the past was still difficult to cover the excited sentiment.

Was by reason of this share impulse and the courage, Yang is great arranged a brand-new topic group, facing was in domestic still is the blank at that time the digital fax flight control system difficulty, like this has become this technical 开拓者 and the organizer. In here, Yang Weijiu liked to arouse the courage and the working zeal swimming star athlete in the ashore, long attracted a tone, a dive deeply deeply has gripped. In this broad stage, is rapid 崭 reveals the oneself excellent talent, fully exposes talent.

http://jczs.news.sina.com.cn/2006-12-30/1143423656.html

Photo of Yang Wei

Attachments

• U1220P27T1D423656F3DT20061230120135.jpg
    U1220P27T1D423656F3DT20061230120135.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 79
Annihilates -10 fighter plane chief engineer: Xue Chishou (chart)
Http://www.sina.com.cn on January 05, 2007 17:51 aviation on-line

Annihilates -10 Chief Engineer □□Xue Chishou
Annihilates -10 Chief Engineer □□Xue Chishou

Annihilates -10 airplane to develop the scene vice- commander in chief, navigation deputy general manager Cheng Feiyuan trustee, chief engineer, the science and technology entrust director.

Xue Chishou experienced our country earlier to introduce the Soviet airplane the imitation to develop and to study, the improvement modification and moves towards the independent design, the manufacture and the aiming world advanced aviation technology research, develops the new generation of fighter aircraft the development phase. He successively is engaged in the airplane design, the manufacture and the project technical management work, successively holds the estimator, designs group leader, design office assistant director, test flight station technology stationmaster, vice- chief engineer, company deputy general manager concurrently chief engineer, the science and technology entrusts director. Is in charge of the new machine kind of development, the scientific research work management and the file, the technological transformation, the capital construction and so on as well as the comprehensive technical research and the management. Had been through repeatedly has annihilated five armor airplanes mapping design, annihilates teaches five airplanes designs and annihilates seven I, II, C, D, improvement modification the and so on E series airplane development, the production as well as the subcontract production development, specially in our country new generation of airplane development. In the aviation high tech development domain, for the aviation enterprise development, for becomes the development which flies, specially for impelled to fly technical and in the technical innovation aspect has made the prominent contribution.

http://jczs.news.sina.com.cn/2007-01-05/1751424903.html

Xue Chishou photo

Attachments

• U1335P27T1D424903F3DT20070105175140.jpg
    U1335P27T1D424903F3DT20070105175140.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 90
The domestic product annihilates 10 fighter aircrafts to break through four big aviation essential technologies (group chart)
Http://www.sina.com.cn on January 05, 2007 19:03 New China net

Chief designer academician Song Wencong accepts the media interview photography: Mil

Annihilates ten fighter planes people who has rendered meritorious service photography: Mil
New China net Beijing, January 5 - (Reporter Liu Jimei) reporter on 5th learned at the press conference which the China aviation industry first group company convenes that, annihilates - 10 fighter aircrafts as the Chinese independent development third generation fighter aircraft to achieve has the world advanced level the tactical technology request, broke through take the advanced air operated layout, the digital fax flew controls the system, the high integrated aviation electron system and the computer-aided design as representative's a series of aviation essential technology.

According to annihilates - 10 fighter aircrafts chief designers Song Wencong to introduce that, annihilated - 10 fighter aircrafts to use the Chinese independent development relaxed static stability the canard shaped air operated layout. The canard shaped layout airplane because the duck wing and the wing mutually affect the complexity usually can have the airplane moment of force non-linearity, relaxes static stability the airplane like other measures also very have not been difficult to carry on the control. These technical uses symbolized annihilates - 10 fighter aircrafts to have the advanced digital fax to fly controls the system.

According to will annihilate - 10 fighter aircrafts double seat models chief designer Yang Wei to introduce that, the digital fax flies controls the system the pilot to joystick and the foot pedal operation, as well as the airplane flight situation transportation for the flight control computer, the control command will transmit the airplane each operation rudder again through computer operation processing. The system will be able the automatic detection breakdown, the isolation breakdown, and automatic does not have the breakdown the part reto combine by the normal work.

It is reported, annihilated - 10 fighter aircrafts to use the high integrated aviation electron system, carried on various duties system operation the centralism control, and through computer synthesis processing, the centralism demonstration, enabled the pilot to be able to realize two in the operational process not to joystick and gas lever, greatly enhanced the airplane information processing and the fighting efficiency.

It is reported, in annihilates - in 10 fighter aircrafts triturating, has used the massive aviation advanced technology besides airplane itself, the airplane design and the development development method also obtained the large scale enhancement. The computer-aided design application is typical representative. The airplane overall air operated design, the structural design, the system design and so on were very many partially completes through the computer assistance, has accelerated the design time, finally formed the design result which optimized. Through annihilated - 10 fighter aircrafts developments, China has has been independent, the integrity, covers the airplane to design each aspect the computer-aided design system.

The domestic related military expert believed that, annihilates - 10 fighter aircrafts is China steps to the aviation powerful nation decisiveness step. Although annihilates - 10 fighter aircrafts performance to be inferior to the American fourth generation of fighter aircraft, but its fine foundation design and the roughly domestic product supplementary equipment enables its to contend with with the western fighter plane, the development which more importantly, through the triturating, China in the aerial warfare weapon equipment level, the aviation technical level and raises the specialized scientific research troop aspect which obtains is other many countries can not hold a candle.

Photos: J-10 development team

Attachments

• U1220P27T1D424923F3DT20070105192622.jpg
    U1220P27T1D424923F3DT20070105192622.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 101
  • U1220P27T1D424923F26DT20070105192651.jpg
    U1220P27T1D424923F26DT20070105192651.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 116
Annihilates -10 fighter plane administration commander in chief: Liu Gaozhuo (chart)
Http://www.sina.com.cn on January 05, 2007 17:47 aviation on-line

Annihilates -10 administrative commander in chief □□Liu Gaozhuo
Annihilates -10 administrative commander in chief □□Liu Gaozhuo

A Chinese navigation original party group secretary, general manager. Presently is a Chinese navigation science and technology committee first director, Chinese aviation academic society director, tenth session of nation commissar of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference.

Liu Gaozhuo from the government official to the entrepreneur, the success has completed the role transformation, has demonstrated the excellent management and management ability; From the government to the enterprise, he led a Chinese navigation to realize surmounted the type development, has laid the foundation which next step soared. For seven years, a Chinese navigation broke through large quantities of one had the independent intellectual property rights the technology, realized on the military aircraft, the engine, air-to-air missile three big surmounted, has completed the board installation and system turning to a new generation.

Under his leadership, a Chinese navigation success development new goods come into the market a generation of fighter plane, approves produces and the equipment army.

Under his leadership, a Chinese navigation in 2005 realizes the gross income 70 billion Yuan beginning, is the group had been established 3.3 times, in the world aerospace 100 strong center place rise to 20th, before 7 years time moved 34. He constructs the majority of energy flower in the team on, makes "6S" the first-class environment management, carries out take the essence benefits six Seger Masurium to make again as the master line flow, the formation "the model attacks a fortified position" for the central quality culture.

Liu Gaozhuo photo

The challenge annihilates 10 fighter planes performance limit (chart)
Http://www.sina.com.cn on January 04, 2007 11:54 south weekend

The ground aimer instruction annihilates 10 to enter takes off the position picture origin: Aviation on-line
The head flies merely is successful first step. The test pilots receive the work, is carries on to the fighter plane repeatedly examines, enable the design flaw to obtain the exposition, the revision one by one, prepares for the fighter plane stereotypia, also will provide the basis for the later pilot's operation.

In 1999, Hebin the Bin ranking two groups of four test pilots enter the model adjustment test flight, this is the greater intensity test flight □□only has departs the limit value, the new fighter plane performance can obtain the development, the battle efficiency can obtain the promotion; Because is the limiting case, in in the third-generation aircraft triturating, overseas is not one exception all has fallen the airplane.

Hebin Bin when time returns from cruise meets the yellow sand attack, the ground wind speed achieved 14 meters/seconds, "the airplane picture gets drunk the liquor man", shaky, the direction also with is inclining toward the one side. By now, he added to the speed 280 kilometers, with the group law, the direction law judged the airplane posture, the earth instantaneous, "has been all soft in the field person leg". Hebin Bin has written "High crosswind Flight Method", "annihilates -10 anti- crosswind performance to become the multiple increase".

"Low altitude big table fast" test flight, tests the airplane structure intensity the reliability and flutters the characteristic. Low altitude atmosphere dense, the airplane fast goes past quickly, ram compression is bigger, once crossed the critical point to be able to cause the airplane disintegration. "The low altitude big table fast" is must depart under the premise which the airplane does not disintegrate, the airplane speed can achieve most greatly approaches the value.

Statistics have indicated, the airplane which the overseas test flight this topic disintegration falls is not below 50. The Russian first Soviet -27 test flight, has the catastrophic crash tragedy.

Each time Li China harnessing machine lifts off, the scientific researcher can silently help him to reorganize the flight equipment, the full face solemnly and stirringly gazes after him to get on the airplane. In order to explore the limit value, a his spot increases the speed. In this process, successively appears the leading gear guard shield to have the distortion to distort, the wing front rivet too is big because of the load by question and so on aspiration. "Again downward flies can have any consequence, in who heart hasn't all been confident."

On December 1, 2003, the Li China "fast the limit value sends out the challenge to the low altitude big table". He from a myriameter upper air by to the next 25 angles, the entire thrust augmentation, the supersonic regime dives to under. Along with the airplane acceleration, he felt the blood upward wells up, the body withstands the pressure is more and more big. When the speed achieved when 120 meters/seconds, "falls into the bottomless abyss on the picture, loses in the boundless darkness silent world."

In ground monitoring room, when the monitoring device demonstrated when the airplane ram compression has surpassed 9,000 kilograms, when is appointed China to fly the experimental research institute chief's sand Chang An to describe a his hair root all has set upright at that time.

Fuel oils toward Inthe engine leans sprinkles, the atmosphere and the fuselage suddenly rubbed the grating noise which produced to cover engine thundering. The Li China clenches the teeth, to when is apart from the ground not to the kilometer, he took a fast look around the display monitor: The speed completely achieved and has surpassed the airplane design value. He pulls up the pole instantaneous, the airplane nose raises, redrives into the sky.

This flew, creates the domestically produced airplane □□to surpass the delivery in the atmosphere quickest flying speed record "the god six" Rocketin atmosphere 1,300 kilometers/hour speeds.

In addition, annihilated -10 has also realized the airborne start and airborne docking refuels.

Launches the spatial - spatial missile

German experts judge the airplane with the operational target: The airplane operational performance and the airplane basically relate the first power, becomes the quadratic relations with the maneuvering performance, synthesizes the cubic relations with the navigation electricity synthesis, with the armament system which provides becomes four powers of exponent relations.

The airborne live round hits the target experiment risk greatly strengthened, "sat like the test pilot on the powder keg, after if the missile ignition launched not successfully, will pose the serious threat to the test pilot and the airplane". Air force some flight group vice- Chief Liang Wan Jun carries out annihilates the test flight duty which -10 airplane first missile launches.

He once by the pioneering work which the myriameter high empty slippery forced landing startled day as soon as wrestled, became the CCTV for 2004 year "to move China" ten flash news characters. The people knew he is the owlet dragon fighter plane test pilot, but did not know his also test flight annihilates -10.

The new fighter plane flies to the target range sky. A flare swiftly launches, in airborne turns a group fireball. Utilizes the advanced airborne radar approach search, the Liang ten thousand handsome very quick interceptions and the fixed goal, after the judgement opportunity presses down the firing button. The missile pinches gang of Bai Yanzhi to throw oneself the goal, the dazzling fireball flies high immediately the detonation, disperses Cheng Diandian the fragment.

After a year, our country new air-to-air missile develops successfully, test pilot Xu Yongling is responsible to drive the new fighter plane to carry on the target to try.

Before the launch, test pilot Xu Yongling is fully confident. He gives the test flight always to send the short note: "The target tries successfully, in erroneous 5 meters." However, the matter as soon as starts not to be smooth: The missile occurs one after another directs carrier the question and the signal weaken question, when circular telegram inspection also burnt the missile component. After troubles only then decided carries on the launch. The first round is successful, second actually misses the target.

On December 21, 2003 and on 23rd, Xu Yongling two time lifts off, the missile launches successfully. On 25th, is left over last the missile, the goal is the supersonic target plane which our country independently develops. The firing button as soon as presses, the missile is emitting the long large flame, directly sneaks in in the target plane tail pipe, flies high the detonation.

The domestically produced third generation fighter plane stereotypia test flight delimits the period.

Becomes flies company vice- chief engineer in the seedling article to introduce that, annihilates a -10 test flight sortie synthesis expenditure is 270,000 Yuan. Before annihilated -10 airplane to finalize altogether the test flight more than 3,000 rises and falls. The Li China test flight "the big angle of attack characteristic test" the topic, the original 30 sortie test flights duty, the process optimization arrangement, only used 17 sortie to complete the task, saved the funds more than 3 million Yuan for the country.

"18 years old, have enlisted in the military"

The stereotypia soon, the Chinese third generation new fighter plane official equipment army, annihilates -10 double-seater, annihilates -10 advanced version, maritime version the comprehensive advancement.

Already 74 year-old designer academician Song Wencong got excited said that, "From 1986 first schematic diagram, spurts 81 ' the military insignia to today ', we annihilated -1018 year old, has grown up, has enlisted in the military, gave the army... ... "

November, 2004 one day, northwest desert deep place, "the recruit" annihilates -10 meets head-on our country introduction some advanced fighter plane: Tips over, climbs, circles, dives... ... Discovers the goal, the pilot rapidly its locking, launches the missile, "the enemy airplanes" instantaneous "灰飞烟灭". After that, second turn of, third turn... ... The resistance trains the conclusion, annihilates -10 wins by 10: 1 absolute superiority.

On December 29, 2006, is annihilating -10 "reveals" this the day, the News Office of the State Council public office publishes "in 2006 China's National defense" the white paper to point out that, the Chinese air force focuses to constructs the information air operation strength which an attack and defense has both, reduces the battle airplane total quantity, the key development new fighter aircraft, the anti-aircraft anti-ballistic weapon, strengthen the command control system construction.

Annihilates -10 develops the obvious significance to be successfully extraordinary. At the beginning of the development, it on is listed as the national significant special national defense key equipment, and "future the war will capture the strategic weapon as my air force which the air superiority, the implementation campaign will attack".

The militaries stated that, annihilated -10 already becomes the active duty our country most advanced main force fighter aircraft, was the system enemy wins "the Assassin's mace". It has realized the Chinese air force weaponry from the quantity gauge model to quality benefit surmounting, for the future under the high tech condition, the denial of the air, will win the local war to create the condition.

"After annihilates -10 stereotypia, the air force officers said annihilates -10 airplane in principle to surpass with a generation of overseas fighter plane, the pilot reflected, originally rides the jeep, now was sits ran quickly." Xu De said.

According to "public one batch, under development batch" the principle, some public figures estimated that, a Chinese air force more advanced new generation of fighter plane will be published.

Of (Wang Jieqing authors is air force military representative bureau cadre)

http://jczs.news.sina.com.cn/p/2007-01-04/1154424537.html

One thing that puzzles me about the J-10 is just how unstable it is. The wing looks too far aft to have much destabilising effect, so presumably the canard is used to move the centre of lift forward. This probably means that the aircraft is only slightly unstable, or neutrally so, meaning its supersonic BVR performance will suffer in comparison to, say, Typhoon. On the latter the wing centre of lift is forward of the CG, with the canard trimming nose down in subsonic flight but allowing greater agility supersonically with the centre of pressure moved aft.

Any pics of the J-10 in cruising flight where canard position can be seen? Take-off /landing/AAR shots mean the canard is moving for control so its 'steady state' trim position is hard to determine.