BTR-T

World B4

my bad y'all
Reaction score

The BTR-T was a heavy ifv/apc conversion of the T-55 mbt. It was designed to use a variety of unmanned turrets to give it flexibility. It was intended for export, but received no orders, so only one was built, with as far as I can tell, only one of the turret designs. I know it was built before 2007, but I would like to know the exact date. If anyone has any info about this interesting vehicle I would love to hear it!

It was intended for export, but received no orders, so only one was built, with as far as I can tell, only one of the turret designs.

Of course no one needed him. Quite a wretched car.

Your links have nearly comprehensive information. Nothing much more.

Could you clarify? Of course it wasn't quite state of the art, given it's use of the T-55 chassis, but what about it is actively bad?

Well, to be more specific, it’s an extremely unfortunate way to get the troops out through the roof. That is, there you need a classic airborne ramp. And she was not there.
Well, weapons are not very.
In the form in which the BTR-T existed, it could not be an analogue of the Israel-based heavy armored personnel carrier based on the T-55, under the influence of which (but not only), the very idea of the BTR-T appeared in this form.

The BTR-T did eventually lead to the BMPT Terminator, a similar concept, however this time based off of the T-72 chassis and features better weaponry. From what I understand, it is more geared toward infantry support, rather than infantry transport.

It's not a direct evolution. Both are more or less parallel developments after Grozny, but BMPT can actually be more directly traced back to some other T-72 based concepts from the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Last edited:
The BTR-T did eventually lead to the BMPT Terminator, a similar concept, however this time based off of the T-72 chassis and features better weaponry. From what I understand, it is more geared toward infantry support, rather than infantry transport.

It has absolutely nothing to do. Absolutely different cars. The first vehicles on the subject of BMPT appeared earlier BTR-T.