British Army to discard its tanks

I do really believe that the headline has been blown out of proportion. Realistically, I believe that some AFVs will be retired, but not all of them will be. Hopefully once the pandemic is over, the Army would procure some form of highly mobile vehicle with good firepower like the Rooikat or Centauro, however, this is really wishful thinking.

Something I heard about yesterday, another pointless intervention on the journey towards two boy scouts and a pen knife.

Yet my Topic on this same crap happening in the US got a lot of static.

The Anglo Armies are heading for a future of COIN, long range missiles & anti missiles, and Cyber/EW warriors. If you think the British or USArmy are going to field a NEW DESIGN MBT (not warmed over potatoes upgrades) in our lifetime, you’re much more positive than I am.

On the other hand, if they don't deploy at the very least a 140mm armed MBT, they are going to be both in a right world of hurt when the inevitable happens.
Unless.....there's an alternative.
Not saying I know there is or that we have a clue. But the main reason we don't use bow and arrows is we found something different to use.

On the other hand, if they don't deploy at the very least a 140mm armed MBT, they are going to be both in a right world of hurt when the inevitable happens.
I'd think proper vaults and radaway is what is needed in that scenario. Otherwise it is just a proper 'continental' problem.