British Aerospace Jetstream 31 G-BWWW Flying Testbed

donaldson1

I live near BAE Systems factory at Warton, Lancs
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It might look conventional on the outside but this thing can fly autonomously in civilian airspace. Filmed in December 2013 at BAe Systems Warton Aerodrome.

G-BWWW was delivered 29 July 1983 to The Distillers Company plc. It was then bought by BAe on 25 November 1986, Under the ownership of BAe the aircraft was totally modified to be used to test, & demonstrate aerospace technology systems. The aircraft was also fitted with a system so it could be remotely controlled from a ground station as a UAV. As of April 2011 the CAA register shows it as still registered to BAE with a current C of A.
In July 2008, a BAE Systems team that included Cranfield Aerospace and the National Flight Laboratory Centre at Cranfield University achieved a major breakthrough in unmanned air systems technology. The team flew a series of missions, totalling 800 mi (1,290 km), in a specially modified Jetstream 31 (G-BWWW) without any human intervention, This was the first time such an undertaking had been achieved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHOLfax8yY&list=UUO7FUSS4vCkcDcD17blAFcw

Good article and video,thank you Donaldson1,you are welcome.

hesham said:
Good article and video,thank you Donaldson1,you are welcome.
Just want to say thanks for your positive comments, makes a change from the abuse I usually receive for my vids (Not on this forum I hasten to add!)

Hi Donaldson1,

we here enjoy by every unknown or little know stuff,of course from this site concern.

Back
Top Bottom