Breda A.1 and A.2

Jan den Das

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Hi
Earley Breda projects/aero planes.
A.1 Its possible that this was the fore runner of the later A.4, something smaller and also a side-by-side trainer.
Who knows more about this aero plane, history/dimensions/colors/drawings/how many build/etc.etc.
A.2 This was a three seat monoplane, two front side-by-side and one behind.
Who knows more, information just like the A.1
Thanks
Jan

It's taken 10 years to get a reply, but here goes. The Breda A.1, also referred to as the Model A was listed as a two seat tandem light aircraft/trainer. It was powered by a 140hp Columbo 110 powerplant and according to all sources I have found, was built in numbers, although exact figures are not given. I found this site, http://www.lombardiabeniculturali.it/fotografie/autori/42391/?current=7, which has a number of Breda photographs. On the airwar.ru site I noticed that although the photograph shows a tandem layout, the GA drawing shows a side-by side layout. Further checking out the above Italian site, an unidentified side-by-side aircraft was pictured as attached. Breda A.1 variant.jpg

Hai long time ago
In the mean time I found out that there has NOT beeen a Breda A.1 there was a B.1 and the A-3 was a bomber prototype.
The aeroplane which was shown as the A.1 was an Aviatik also mentioned as Breda A.3, but this is not correct!!!
With A-3 on the fuselage was an Aviatik and build by several factories.
A lot of them were bought by Breda for there flyingschools.
The MM.18993 was one of them, this one was build by Electro Ferrovaria as the A.3 (SALM A.3).
Serial I-BACI, build in 1924 registered 11-03-1926 until 12-1935.
The picture shows by Victor was the prototype A-4.
The site he mentioned with Breda pictures is very interresting, but several type numbers are incorrect!!!

Attachments

• 3. l'Aeronautica 1930 2 1 foto.jpg
    3. l'Aeronautica 1930 2 1 foto.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 27
  • l'Aeronautica 1930 2 3 foto.jpg
    l'Aeronautica 1930 2 3 foto.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 26