Books with World War One Projects

Re: World War one projects

One of my favourite books on the topic is "The German Giants. The German R-Planes 1914-1918." G W Haddow and Peter M Grosz. Ed Putnam ISBN 0-85177-812-7

Good call. I don't have that many books on aviation, but that's one I wouldn't be without.

Bill Gunston's 'Giants of the Sky' has much of interest concerning that period too.

Fred Gutschow's 'Die Deutschen Flugboote' has a good chapter on unbuilt projects, but most are, it must be admitted, post-Great War (there are quite a few from the 1920s).

A wonderfull book with many projects is: French aircraft of the First World War

here is the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Aircraft-First-World-War/dp/1891268090/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198010515&sr=8-1

The price is to much for me.If anybody have this book please let me know. :-* :eek:

Servus Maveric

That is a stiff price indeed!

There are a lot of interesting odd ball projects for us to research. Does anyone have information about the belt driven bombers being developed near the wars end in Germany?

Heres an interesting link (its on cannons):
http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/cannon_pioneers.htm

The price is to much for me

The price is dissuasive for me too :'(

Talking about giant books I have a copy of "Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of WWI" Peter M. Grosz, George Haddow and Peter Schiemer. 1993 Flying Machines Press. ISBN 0-9637110-0-8

Some useful titles:
"British Aeroplanes 1914-1918" by J.M. Bruce, Putnam, 1957
"German Aircraft of the First World War" by Peter Gray & Owen Thetford, Putnam, 1962
"Fokker: The Creative Years" by A.R. Weyl, Putnam, 1965 (reprint 1987)

"AIRCO The Aircraft Manufacturing Company" by Mick Davis, Crowood, 2001
"Fokker Aircraft of World War One" by Paul Leaman, Crowood, 2001
"Nieuport Aircraft of World War One" by Ray Sanger, Crowood, 2002
"Aeroplanes of the Royal Aircraft Factory" by Paul R. Hare, Crowood, 1999
"Sopwith Aircraft" by Mick Davis, Crowood, 1999

"Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of WWI" and "The German Giants. The German R-Planes 1914-1918", recommended by pometablava,
"French Aircraft of the First World War", recommended by Maveric; I bought them when I was flush with cash. Well worth the money.

Check BookFinder for availability, even "British Aeroplanes 1914-1918" is still on offer. At a price.

One of my favourite books on the topic is "The German Giants. The German R-Planes 1914-1918." G W Haddow and Peter M Grosz. Ed Putnam ISBN 0-85177-812-7
I have a PDF of this book saved to my computer file and I was dumbstruck to learn that the design and construction of the Riesenflugzeugen was not confined to the Staaken division of the Zeppelin company, but also was carried out by companies like AEG, DFW, and Siemens-Schukert. The Linke-Hofmann R.I and R.II, both of which were remarkable in having airborne engine rooms comprising four piston engines, were built by a German company that was largely into manufacturing locomotives and rolling stock.