• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Boeing's New F-15EX

trose213

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
30-40 million a bird.
Holmes:

View: https://youtu.be/7du-vfIWl2A?t=2814

auto-transcript (slightly cleaned up):

The f-15c is a prime example of that the airplane has structural problems that will require replacement
of major structural members the launcher on that run lengthwise in the airplane followed by the wings being replaced and
then followed by bulkheads on the center fuselage which means it'd be better to buy a new airplane than to try to work
through those repairs that's important walk through we originally budgeted approximately a million per plane after
the knowledge that came through long structural what does that take the number up to well so the the the exact
number will depend on the time that you. go after but that million per plane was based on fuselage longerons and as
you add the wings and the fuselage into it the initial estimates we dealt with we're in the tens of millions per
airplane I think as we work with the prime contractor now you can get that number probably down around 10 million
or so per airplane
but that's in a estimation you don't really know until you open the airplanes up

F-22 Restart Study:

View attachment 639315
That's just for the fuselage.

marauder2048

"I should really just relax"
Reaction score
30-40 million a bird.
Holmes:

View: https://youtu.be/7du-vfIWl2A?t=2814

auto-transcript (slightly cleaned up):

The f-15c is a prime example of that the airplane has structural problems that will require replacement
of major structural members the launcher on that run lengthwise in the airplane followed by the wings being replaced and
then followed by bulkheads on the center fuselage which means it'd be better to buy a new airplane than to try to work
through those repairs that's important walk through we originally budgeted approximately a million per plane after
the knowledge that came through long structural what does that take the number up to well so the the the exact
number will depend on the time that you. go after but that million per plane was based on fuselage longerons and as
you add the wings and the fuselage into it the initial estimates we dealt with we're in the tens of millions per
airplane I think as we work with the prime contractor now you can get that number probably down around 10 million
or so per airplane
but that's in a estimation you don't really know until you open the airplanes up

F-22 Restart Study:

View attachment 639315
That's just for the fuselage.
He says wings and fuselage. And per the FY19 budget, that R&D included the new wing.

marauder2048

"I should really just relax"
Reaction score