• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Boeing JAST / JSF / X-32 projects

Sundog

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
The clipped wingtip was for the STOVL variant and the swept tips were on the CTOL (USAF and Navy) variants.

Sundog

Reaction score
Flateric, you're correct, I was referring to the original/prototype tailless/TVC design, not the production submission.

RavenOne

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Here are my photos of the X-32 mock up in Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm markings @Paris Airshow 2001.

My thoughts are that it is not that un unattractive , have seen worse.

If it was picked , judging by its size - an LHA or our QE2 could accomodate more / more space in hangar?

For the USAF and NATO air arms, for its szie could it not be suited for the European theater, potentially operating off say the autobahns, unpaved strips in the middle of the woods like the Harrier GR7/GR9/a?

Any thoughts here?

Cheers

Attachments

SpudmanWP

Reaction score
Hormel bought it... They needed it for Spam production. ::)

Robert

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
hud607.fire.prohosting.com
Does anyone know what the manufacturer's construction numbers were for the two X-32 prototypes? Also, were they assigned military serial numbers or did they have civil registrations? I can't seem to find any information.

SteveO

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
Some very flattering F-32 artwork by Adam Burch of hangar-b.com can be seen at the following links -

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/20971/this-is-what-a-boeing-f-32-wouldve-looked-like-if-lockheed-lost-the-jsf-competition

https://fineartamerica.com/art/digital+art/f-32

Like the F-117 the X-32/F-32 could look bulky or sleek depending on which angle you saw it from. I always liked it anyway.

SteveO

CLEARANCE: Secret
Reaction score
;D I did say they were flattering. I didn’t think much of the front view but the other 3 look great.

Sundog

Reaction score
I agree, there are some serious problems with his artwork, but it isn't as if Boeing every released any good drawings of their designs, especially with cross sections.

ScrutorAudax

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the X-32 mock-up(s) currently reside?

Dynoman

Reaction score
I just saw the X-32B outside of the museum at the Patuxent Naval Air Museum in Maryland a couple of weeks ago. The X-32A is at the USAF Museum in Dayton. However, I don't know where the X-32 mockup is...possibly Palmdale where the Boeing X-32 construction took place.

Last edited: