• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Boeing ATS (Airpower Teaming System) unveiled in Avalon Australia 2/27/19

Sundog

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
TomS said:
The article doesn't seem any more official than the other sources that links Bird of Prey to the YF-118G designation. It's been around in unofficial sources for years but I'm not sure where it came from.
Thanks, that's the first I had seen the connection. It would be nice if we could get some confirmation, but I'm sure the USAF can neither confirm nor deny the existence of an YF-118G. ;)

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Andrew had the support of Boeing on this article and did months of research so I would have confidence in its content.

TomS

Reaction score
GTX said:
Andrew had the support of Boeing on this article and did months of research so I would have confidence in its content.
I'm sure he did, and the work shows. Boeing have clearly provided a lot of insight into ATS, which is very informative.

My only quibble is whether the one reference to Bird of Prey as YF-118G was in fact checked by Boeing. Possibly they did, but it's probably not "official" confirmation of the designation.

Grey Havoc

The path not taken.
Reaction score
The Wall Street Journal article that originally broke the story: https://www.wsj.com/articles/australian-military-boeing-join-forces-on-new-loyal-wingman-combat-drone-11551248899

flateric

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Grey Havoc said:
The Wall Street Journal article that originally broke the story: https://www.wsj.com/articles/australian-military-boeing-join-forces-on-new-loyal-wingman-combat-drone-11551248899
I doubt that WSJ 'originally broke the story' because it was ABC who did the first exclusive on Feb.26

Mark Nankivil

Top Contributor
Reaction score
That looks like a Phantom Works R/C Flying Club for the employees! There are turbine powered models at the local club fields as big or bigger than those.

Enjoy the Day! Mark