BELL Quad Rotor QU40 Prototype Wind Tunnel Model Osprey C130 Hybrid

Bill S

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BELL-Quad-...008981?hash=item4d9a684ed5:g:jWkAAOSwfbJdXWwd

From the seller:

“This Item comes from a long time Bell employee who won this one of a kind wind tunnel model from a work raffle. This model was tested in their wind tunnels and during testing was damaged by its wing breaking during the test. This particular prototype was scrapped and wasn't tested again. It is a prototype of a mix of other aircraft, one being an Osprey and the other a C130. This plane never made it to production even after ongoing testing and tweaks. 10 total model prototypes were made each varying to different degrees. This is a one of a kind prototype and the only one like this produced by the Bell engineering department. Model is 22 inches long and 20 inches at it's widest point and weighs roughly 8 pounds. Please see photos and ask any questions you may have! Thanks for looking!”
s-l1600 (62).jpg s-l1600 (61).jpg s-l1600 (60).jpg s-l1600 (58).jpg

s-l1600 (57).jpg s-l1600 (56).jpg s-l1600 (55).jpg s-l1600 (54).jpg

I am not the seller nor associated. I just happened across this.

bill

Well it isn't a wind tunnel model and it is not one of a kind either. Although the landing gear is certainly unique.

.... Although the landing gear is certainly unique.

Reminds me on some thingies, I recently bought for one of our sliding doors ... ;)
Definitely no modelling accessories.

Attachments

• roller.png
    roller.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 12