hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
Hi,

The Scaled Aircraft Composites designed and Beech built the UTT; it was a medium-
size utility transport test aircraft with two tandem high-wings and twin turboprop
engines,I have no drawings to it.
anther Beech little known aircraft was PD.208 which developed from Model-99.

The PD208 was a jet systems testbed using a Super King Air and JT15 (I think that was the engine...the one from the Citation 500) engines replacing the turboprops and exhausting over the wings.

The Scaled Composites Model 33 was the tandem wing 68% scale proof of concept vehicle as the ATTT (Advanced Technology Tactical Transport). Was the UTT you speak of a different aircraft?

thank you dear Sentinel,

and there was anther little known aircraft to Beech,such as
Beech-3000 and Beech D.33,which was a close support aircraft.

You're welcome, hesham.

The Beech D33 was a development of the Beech Bonanza intended for light close-air support. In 1965 the USAF conducted tests with a V-tail Bonanza (model S35) that had been modified with a conventional cruciform tail unit and six wing hardpoints with the inner pylons stressed for 600 lbs and the two outer pylons on each wing stressed to 300 lbs. Testing took place at Eglin AFB, Florida, but I've never seen a picture of the aircraft. I wonder if it was camouflaged or not.

Model 3000? That's news to me.

I've seen a photo, although I think it was based on the A36 Bonanza, & it appeared to be in SEA camo. The pic was b & w. It also appeared to have a 'skylight' type of overhead window. Beech also produced the QU-22, which was based on the model 33 & powered by a TCM GTSIO-520.

Sentinel Chicken said:
You're welcome, hesham.

The Beech D33 was a development of the Beech Bonanza intended for light close-air support. In 1965 the USAF conducted tests with a V-tail Bonanza (model S35) that had been modified with a conventional cruciform tail unit and six wing hardpoints with the inner pylons stressed for 600 lbs and the two outer pylons on each wing stressed to 300 lbs. Testing took place at Eglin AFB, Florida, but I've never seen a picture of the aircraft. I wonder if it was camouflaged or not.

Model 3000? That's news to me.

The UTT was covered to some detail in an issue of Popular Mechanics from the early 90s as for the other Beech CAS, I have never seen any photos of it.

Hi,

also Beech little known aircraft were series 1000,such as
Model-997,1001,1019,1025,1070,1072,1088,1089,1092,
1094,1095 and 1102 targets and RPV aircraft,and Model-1074
YQU-22A and Model-1079 QU-22B.

hesham said:
Hi,

The Scaled Aircraft Composites designed and Beech built the UTT; it was a medium-
size utility transport test aircraft with two tandem high-wings and twin turboprop
engines,I have no drawings to it.
anther Beech little known aircraft was PD.208 which developed from Model-99.

I've seen pictures of the UTT, it somewhat resembles a tandem wing version of the "CV-10" transport, but with a single vertical tail. The original fuselage had a neat boattail but it was redesigned to add an aft loading door.

Don't want to muddy the waters, but I've found this accindentally and
tomorrow it may be forgotten ..
Here's another Beech design, a twin engined commuter, although no
design number is given (from Aviation Week 1979 10-18)

Attachments

• Beech_twin_turboprop_commuter.JPG
    Beech_twin_turboprop_commuter.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 815
In my opinion, one of the most beautiful prop aircraft ever produced. If anybody has more information, please post it here.

The original ATTT (Advanced Technology Tactical Transport), airplane enthusiasts, you might want to look away... Very sad photo's...

ATTT01.jpg

ATTT02.jpg

ATTT03.jpg

Of course, the Russians had a similar design in mind... The Sukhoi S-80 Google shows more images, including a few nice scale-models.

S80-04.jpg

The Scaled ATTT (also seen as AT3) was flown in two different configurations. First as Model 133-3-62 with a conventional tail section with cruciform tailplanes. First flight 29 December 1987. Later in the test programme small endplates were added to the horizontal tail. During 1989 it few again as Model 133-4-62 with the twin tail booms. Engines were two 850hp P&WC PT6AS-135A end registration was N133SC.
In original form wingspan was 53.208ft, length 44.854ft and height 14.075ft. Internally the project was referred to as SMUT (Special Mission Utility Transport). It was an approx. 62% scale technology demonstrator for a planned ATTT -Advanced Technology Tactical Transport and some money may have come from DARPA - Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency.

Hi,

many Beech aircraft projects we don't know it,such as;
model-112 :1957 twin tuboprop businees aircraft project with two Lycoming
T-53 engines.
model-120 :1962 twin turboprop pressurized business aircraft project with two
Turbomeca Bastan engines.

Hesham,

The Beech Model 120 sprang from a 1961 proposal to re-engine the Queen Air with Bastan 6s. With PT6s instead of Bastans, of course, this aircraft became the King Air.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1070.90

Beech Model 120 mockup -- Flight 20 Dec 1962
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1962/1962%20-%203085.html

Attachments

• beech-model-120.jpg
    beech-model-120.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 200
Here is a series of little-known Beechcraft types and projects:

- The Model 34 Twin Quad prototype
- The PD-285-4 (prototype of the Model 77 Skipper)
- A proposed twin-fuselage RPV
- The F-3 trijet project
- The PD-183 COIN proposal for the OV-10 competition
- The Grumman-Beechcraft VTX advanced trainer proposal
- The Model 73 Jet Mentor advanced trainer proposal

Attachments

• Beech73.jpg
    Beech73.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 189
  • VTX-Grumman-Beech.jpg
    VTX-Grumman-Beech.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Beechcraft PD-183 small.jpg
    Beechcraft PD-183 small.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Beech F-3.JPG
    Beech F-3.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 207
  • twin-fuselage RPV.jpg
    twin-fuselage RPV.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 208
  • PD-285-4.jpg
    PD-285-4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 192
  • beech-34.jpg
    beech-34.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 192
Hmm. This looks a good bit like a Swearingen Merlin. Kind of a cross between a II & a III. Strange since the original Merlins were developed from Twin Bonanza & Queen Air airframes.

Apophenia said:
Hesham,

The Beech Model 120 sprang from a 1961 proposal to re-engine the Queen Air with Bastan 6s. With PT6s instead of Bastans, of course, this aircraft became the King Air.

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1070.90

Beech Model 120 mockup -- Flight 20 Dec 1962
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1962/1962%20-%203085.html

The second plane from the top is a Beechcraft Skipper. It was intended to fill in the general aviation trainer market like aircraft such as the Cessna 150/152 and the Piper Tomahawk. Beechcraft actually sold a fair number of these aircraft.

Well, yeah... technically it was already a Skipper, but it's the prototype of them all, which was NOT designated as the Model 77 or the Skipper at that stage.

Would the Super-V Bonanza qualify in this category? Five were built. In the early 90's, my friend Fred and I were exploring small airports, and at the West Texas Airport in El Paso, behind a Vickers Varsity which had crashed on landing there, and in the back corner of a hanger was N551B, a plane we had never seen before or even heard of; a V-tailed twin engined Bonanza.
-John Emery
Cedar Hill, Texas

Piorun said:
Would the Super-V Bonanza qualify in this category? Five were built. In the early 90's, my friend Fred and I were exploring small airports, and at the West Texas Airport in El Paso, behind a Vickers Varsity which had crashed on landing there, and in the back corner of a hanger was N551B, a plane we had never seen before or even heard of; a V-tailed twin engined Bonanza.
-John Emery
Cedar Hill, Texas

Oh my! Sure. Don't think I even heard of anything like it... and I thought I knew quite a bit about rare Beechcraft! Do you have a picture of it?

N5511B seen by Piorun was a Bay Aviation Super V conversion of the V-tailed Bonanza. I understand that some 14 were actually produced including 5 in Canada by Fleet Manufacturing. A prototype flew in 1956 and was built by Mr. David G. Peterson and his Skyline, Inc. Rights then went to Oakland Airmotive (later renamed Bay Aviation). The modifications to twin engine were so extensive that the Super V was certificated as new aircraft by the FAA.
Attached a photograph. I understand that at least one Super V is still flying around in he USA

Attachments

• Bay Super V.jpg
    Bay Super V.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 368
Thanks for shedding light on this rare bird, John and Walter!

Super-Vs rights were transferred from Peterson Skyline, Tulsa to Bay Aviation Services, Oakland in 1959. The prototype conversion (c/n SV 101) was flown around the world by Chuck Banfe in Oct 1960.

In 1961, rights were transferred to Fleet Aircraft (Fort Erie, Ontario). The five Fleet new-build Super-Vs (presumably from Beech-supplied Bonanza components) were built in 1962/1963. Serials for the Fleet Super-Vs were SV 112-SV115, and SV 117.

For some reason, Bay assigned construction numbers SV 110 and SV 111 but the aircraft were not built. Does anyone know why?

http://www.airbum.com/articles/ArticleSuperVTwinBonanza.html
http://www.beechcraftheritagemuseum.org/collection/N3124V.php

Attachments

• fleet-super-v.jpg
    fleet-super-v.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 321
Hi,

I can't ID this Beech TV-guided propellered RPV ?.

http://books.google.com.eg/books?id=mzWswaAaeEAC&pg=PA69&dq=swivel+wing+aircraft&hl=ar&ei=qcQvTN_iJZWSjAetu4TDBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=swivel%20wing%20aircraft&f=true

Attachments

• Beech RPV.JPG
    Beech RPV.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 332
Hi,

the Beech projects;

Model-299 was developed from Model-99 with twin turboprop
engines.
Model-499 was four turboprop engined also developed from
Model-99
F-1 was twin turbofan engined aircraft (but in the
drawing,they appeared it with three engines).
F-2 was four turbofans engined aircarft
F-3 well known project,and mentioned before by
dear Stargazer.

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1969/1969%20-%202558.html
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1969/1969%20-%202559.html

Attachments

• Beech F-3  (2).JPG
    Beech F-3 (2).JPG
    37 KB · Views: 145
  • Beech F-2.JPG
    Beech F-2.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Beech F-1.JPG
    Beech F-1.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 127
  • Model-499.JPG
    Model-499.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 288
  • Model-299.JPG
    Model-299.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 298
Hi,

the Beech/Hawker BH-200 from Flightglobal;

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1969/1969%20-%203394.html
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1969/1969%20-%203395.html

Attachments

• Beech-Hawker.JPG
    Beech-Hawker.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 172
Hi,

it is the first time in my life to know that,there is anther
Beech/Hawker project,called BH-600.

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1970/1970%20-%201931.html?search=BH-600

Attachments

• BH-600.JPG
    BH-600.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 157
Hi,

the Raytheon/Beech PD-374.

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1995/1995%20-%201969.html

Attachments

• PD-374.JPG
    PD-374.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 786
Piorun said:
-John Emery
Cedar Hill, Texas

I have been to that same airport and seen that same twin bonanza, and that crashed Vickers too. That twin engine bonanza is at least like a real bonanza, what Beechcraft called a twin bonanza, was an entirely different aircraft than a bonanza.

Beechcraft Commuter-liner & Regional Jet Projects......

Dear Boys and Girls, here are some Beechcraft projects for Commuter-liners and Regional Jets to follow on from the Beechcraft B 99 Airliner. They aren't "secret", but they are "projects"......

The article comes from the 1st December 1969 issue of Aviation Magazine International......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Attachments

• Beechcraft Projects - Aviation Magazine International - No. 527 - 1 Décembre 1969 - 2......jpg
    Beechcraft Projects - Aviation Magazine International - No. 527 - 1 Décembre 1969 - 2......jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 582
  • Beechcraft Projects - Aviation Magazine International - No. 527 - 1 Décembre 1969 - 2..... (2).jpg
    Beechcraft Projects - Aviation Magazine International - No. 527 - 1 Décembre 1969 - 2..... (2).jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 529
Re: Beechcraft Commuter-liner & Regional Jet Projects......

This is fabulous, Terry! I hadn't seen these before! (my dad used to buy every issue of Aviation Magazine, but since he didn't care for projects, he would cut out the interesting pics for his files and dump the rest...).

We had pics of the F-1, F-2 and F-3 here before (see attachments), but the 299 and 499 are new to me...

Attachments

• Beech F-3  (2).JPG
    Beech F-3 (2).JPG
    37 KB · Views: 413
  • Beech F-2.JPG
    Beech F-2.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 398
  • Beech F-1.JPG
    Beech F-1.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 417

Thanks Stéphane :); I did a search but I couldn't find any prior reference to such Beechcraft projects......

Best, Terry (Caravellarella)

Just realized I DID have the 299 and 499 in my files, so maybe they were also discussed elsewhere on the forum? Anyway, here they are:

Attachments

• 299.jpg
    299.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 499.jpg
    499.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 160

Stargazer2006 said:
We had pics of the F-1, F-2 and F-3 here before (see attachments), but the 299 and 499 are new to me...

Of course we had them here;
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1314.15.html

and those topics must be merged.

I don't think I've been "merged" here before; fascinating process :eek:

Terry (Caravellarella)

Around 1945/1946 Beechcraft seems to have produced the Model 16.
Described as a low wing light training aircraft with all-metal construction. The aircraft was said to have been registered as N9716Q.
Does any one know whether there are illustrations and/or details of this aircraft??
Thanks!!

A beautiful picture of the Model 73 Jet Mentor trainer:

Attachments

• Jet Mentor.jpg
    Jet Mentor.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 214
Hi all
From an old "aviation magazine" I have this one

Attachments

• 2scan.pdf
    633.4 KB · Views: 98