B-45 Tornado - North American USAF Bomber - Best Book Recommendations?

Madoc

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
What's everyone's recommendations for the best book on this American Cold War bomber?

You might want to wait for the Air Force Legends book from Ginter.

The B-45 Tornado: An Operational History of the First American Jet Bomber

Attachments

• 515P94r3U9L._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    515P94r3U9L._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 149
Hi, another title to you: North American Aviation B-45/RB-45 Tornado by Kev Darling Big Bird Aviation Publications. The contents of book are similar to Naval Fighter Series by Steve Ginter.

OV-101,

Thanks. The Fredrickson book is more an operational account one. Ideally, it'd be a Ginter type book that would be what I'm after and the one Brontolino suggested seems closer to that.

I also see that Ginter has the Tornado listed as his next upcoming release.

All this is spurred by Valom's soon to be released B-45 kit in its several variations.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

The problem is that Ginter has had the book listed that way for quite some time and has bypassed it with a number of the actual releases, including the YF-23 and XB-46 books. So no guarantees that it will appear anytime soon.

I wish he'd also do a book on the XF-12 Rainbow, but the release of Mike Machat's book a few years ago makes that a bit less of a priority. I'd also like to see books on the C-74 (without the C-124), the XC-120, the XCG-18/YC-122 and the C-132.