• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

B-2 bomb bay

paralay

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
;)

Attachments

• b2 drop 4700lb gbu37B bunker buster.JPG
    b2 drop 4700lb gbu37B bunker buster.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 142
  • b201.jpg
    b201.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 154

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
Я искал для размера залива бомбы. Но спасибо за фотоих, они интересны. ;)

TinWing

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Matej said:
Does anybody have the dimensions of the B-2 bomb bay?

Bomb bays - plural, as in two.

All flying wings from the Northrop XB-35 to the current crop of UCAV demonstrators have two side-by-side bomb bays.

Not a clue as to internal dimensions.

Like the B-52H and B-1B, the B-2 uses a CRSL (Common Strategic Rotary Launcher) in each bomb bay. However, there is nothing "common" about the CRSL as each bomber type uses its own, non-interchangable type of CRSL.

flateric

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Dimensions are speculative, based on Charles Fleming drawings in Aerofax Extra No.4, but supposed to be pretty close to real.
So, lenght is about 7,4 m, width (per bay) 2,4 m, height is about 3 m at the highest point.

Attachments

• bombbay.jpg
    bombbay.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 165
  • bombbay3.jpg
    bombbay3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 152
  • bombbay4.jpg
    bombbay4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 138
  • bombbay5.jpg
    bombbay5.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 113

elmayerle

Reaction score
I'd say those dimensions are generally 'close-enough". It's been ages since I was in one. Though, once upon a time, some wo decades ago, I supported the routing of flight-test wiring through the weapons bays of AV1 (here's a laugh, the drawing title for these bays is "cargo bay").

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
Thanks to all.

One my friend needed this information to confirm the theoretical possibility described in Matthew Reilly´s book Scarecrow, where the B-2 is used for special corps operations. Armored vehicle Commando Scout (5003×2057×2159 mm) is there deployed from B-2 bomb bay. Of course, it cant be done with the current B-2s, its just a theoretical.

elmayerle

Reaction score
Matej said:
Thanks to all.

One my friend needed this information to confirm the theoretical possibility described in Matthew Reilly´s book Scarecrow, where the B-2 is used for special corps operations. Armored vehicle Commando Scout (5003×2057×2159 mm) is there deployed from B-2 bomb bay. Of course, it cant be done with the current B-2s, its just a theoretical.

It would require a modification/rebuild program to the aft center section of selected B-2s, or some new builds with appropriate aft center sections built in from the beginning. Personally, I think they should've built more and converted AV1 to a spec ops transport or a RB-2 rather than a standard production configuration since it will always be heavier than a production B-2 as it would require greater disassembly than was done to remove all the flight-test specific hardware.

Matej

Multiuniversal creator
Reaction score
Website
www.hitechweb.genezis.eu
SDB in B-2 bomb bay

Source: http://forum.asuultserver.com/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=110137&start=52

Attachments

• SDB_inside_the_B-2.jpg
    SDB_inside_the_B-2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 79

Demon Lord Razgriz

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Matej said:
Thanks to all.

Didn't Matthew say in the back of the book(paperback version) that he fudged a lot of the stuff, especially the B-2 Vehicle Container Drop(the ACS was in a shipping container) & the Laser guided MOAB.

TomcatViP

Hellcat
Reaction score
B-2-Underside.jpg