B-2 Advanced Technology Bomber (ATB) in mass culture, kits, art and advertising before unveiling

Kadija_Man said:
What is the "Honda Stealth Bomber"?

At the time when the B-2 had not yet been rolled-out, and the drawings published were at best tentative, Honda thought it was cool to promote its new CRX Si model by using a stealth bomber at sunset in the commercial...

Attachments

• Crx10.jpg
    Crx10.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Crx11.jpg
    Crx11.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Crx14.jpg
    Crx14.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Crx15.jpg
    Crx15.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 115
Obviously only shown on US TV. Interesting how close they came to the real design. Are there any pictures of it from above, showing the wing design? Seems to me that the only major difference is the engine locations, further outboard than on the real aircraft and of course the landing gear...

Deino said:
As it was just mentioned in the What-if-forum, there was also a mixed media kit "B-2 Stealth Bomber" from a company called Model Technologies (never heard her before and later again)
Cheers, Deino
An add from an old magazine.

Attachments

• ADD_Model Technologies_B2_Stealth_Bomber_X7201.jpg
    ADD_Model Technologies_B2_Stealth_Bomber_X7201.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 594
The original ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M40uSxC6_1k
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?235334

A bit of background: http://jalopnik.com/how-honda-revealed-the-governments-top-secret-stealth-666462873

From Flugzeug 1/1987,

here is the B-2 stealth bomber artist impressed drawing.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    442.3 KB · Views: 769
hesham said:
From Flugzeug 1/1987,

here is the B-2 stealth bomber artist impressed drawing.

That's looks like a Bill Gunston design. Here are a couple others.

Attachments

• BillGunstonATBconcept2.jpg
    BillGunstonATBconcept2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 526
  • BillGunstonATBconcept.jpg
    BillGunstonATBconcept.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 715
Two years ago, in this same thread, flateric provided the source of that picture: message #114
index.php

Yes my dear Arjen,

I speak about Russian source.

And as stated in the caption, it is of the Revell 1/72 model released in 1987 -88 timeframe.

hesham said:
Yes my dear Arjen,

I speak about Russian source.
The Kryl'ya Rodine 09/1985 issue appeared after the Popular Science issue. Kryl'ya Rodine, as noted before by flateric, copied the image from PS.
flateric said:
PopSci, Feb 1983
Soviet magazines never were humble while grabbing stuff from Western editions
literally, 'Krilya Rodiny' picture caption in Russian clearly says that 'This is how stealth bomber is imagined by Popular Science magazine'
I admit, I'm slightly mystified by the turn this thread is taking. Hesham, why did you post the Kryl'ya Rodine copy again?

Arjen said:
This image's caption, I presume.
index.php

Well, err...truly speaking, Flug Revue is somewhat mistaken here because Revell kit has many differences, like inlet position to start with. Anyway, always nice to have another add on to collection. It seems to be another take of Flug Revue artist based on Sweetman/Badrocke concept.

From Kryl'ya Rodine 9/1987,

here is artist drawing to ATB,taken from Western magazines.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    902.4 KB · Views: 884
Hi,

http://books.google.com.eg/books?id=G-MDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA71&dq=popular+mechanics+flying-wing&hl=en&sa=X&ei=WAH_U6XKJ6mc0AWf4YGYDg&ved=0CCsQ6AEwBDgK#v=onepage&q=popular%20mechanics%20flying-wing&f=true

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1 MB · Views: 683
flateric said:
Cutaways god Mike Badrocke's and Bill Sweetman's collective impressions of a 'stealth bomber. It was 1986 on the backyard.
(Bill Sweetman 'Stealth Aircraft: Secrets of Future Airpower', Motorbooks International, 1986) Note that PopSci ilustrations above are based on these ones.

Source: Bill Sweetman 'Stealth Aircraft: Secrets of Future Airpower', Motorbooks International, 1986, page 80 & 81

Hi,

here is a Grumman advanced hypothetical stealth bomber.

Aircraft 2000, Bill Sweetman

Attachments

• Grumman.png
    Grumman.png
    475.9 KB · Views: 412
My dear Archipeppe,

if it is more clearer,please send it.

With all that's been posted here, I am surprised that no one has posted the illustrations from a National Geographic article from, IIRC, 1982 that depicted the B-2 as being rather more curvier, resembling an enlarged development of Testor's F-19. I'm going to have to see if I can find where my copy of that issue went.

With all that's been posted here, I am surprised that no one has posted the illustrations from a National Geographic article from, IIRC, 1982 that depicted the B-2 as being rather more curvier, resembling an enlarged development of Testor's F-19. I'm going to have to see if I can find where my copy of that issue went.
That one?

Attachments

• 375987249.jpg
    375987249.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 132
That one?
Yes, but the drawing had other stealth aircraft concepts, too.