Bücker projects

Wurger

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Hello guys ;D,

from Heinz Nowarra`s Die Deutsche Luftrustung 1933-1945

It is the Bücker Bü 181/2, a parallel design to the Bü 181 Bestmann. It is the sole unbuilt project from this manufacturer that I know. Does anyone know more on Bücker projects?

Attachments

• Buecker Bu 181,2.gif
    Buecker Bu 181,2.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 399
Not a just project, but actually a prototype was built of the Bücker Bü 134 from 1937.
Nevertheless it is said in Luftfahrt International Nr.6, that this type is more or less forgotten,
because most of the documentation was lost. No, not during the war, but intentionally. During
testing, the type revealed several severe flaws, that couldn't be remedied despite of modifications,
so the project was dropped and it seems, nobody at Bückers wanted to be reminded of this failure !
Dimensions: span 9,950 m, length 7,700 m, a Hirth nHM 504 engine with 100/105 hp

Attachments

• Buecker-134.gif
    Buecker-134.gif
    37.8 KB · Views: 333
Another reason behind the Bü 134 perhaps being forgotten is that the sole prototype was destroyed in a hangar fire on May 21 1939. I wonder if this gave anybody else ideas in regards to disposal of unwanted airframes!! Info taken from http://www.buecker-akro.ch/geschichte.php?page=bu-134. Also from the same site is a GA like above but with the front view as well

Attachments

• Bücker Bü 134 GA.jpg
    Bücker Bü 134 GA.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Another reason behind the Bü 134 perhaps being forgotten is that the sole prototype was destroyed in a hangar fire on May 21 1939. I wonder if this gave anybody else ideas in regards to disposal of unwanted airframes!! Info taken from http://www.buecker-akro.ch/geschichte.php?page=bu-134. Also from the same site is a GA like above but with the front view as well
Those wings are "an order of magnitude" more complex: swept, elliptically-tapered, etc. than they need to be to do the job.