Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
To forestall the next reports, and as this here should be enough political amusement for
a while anyway ... please back to the original topic ! ;)

Josh_TN

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
deleted. I think we a separate topic to fight in, or else a massive cull. Otherwise we’re going to keep arguing and I’m a perpetrator.

uk 75

Reaction score
deleted. I think we a separate topic to fight in, or else a massive cull. Otherwise we’re going to keep arguing and I’m a perpetrator.
agreed. Both sides have expressed our views clearly. So no need to carry on.

aonestudio

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score

Key points:

• The US plans to reduce troops and equipment in other parts of the world to bring more to Australia and the Indo-Pacific.
  • US military will also upgrade Australian bases to counter China.
  • Australia signed the AUKUS military pact to improve intelligence and technology sharing between the nations.

Rickshaw

Reaction score
Ah, to be treated as a "suitable piece of real estate", again, by the US...

Last edited:

Josh_TN

Reaction score
Indeed, the US is building strategic depth in the Pacific so it can contain China after the first island chain is overwhelmed.

Bhurki

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Indeed, the US is building strategic depth in the Pacific so it can contain China after the first island chain is overwhelmed.
The cost for any kind of containment after 1st island chain falls will be much more prohibitive than now, with the said chain acting essentially as a buffer zone for PLA activities as opposed to now where buffer zone is just 12nm from coast.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
Ah, to treated as a "suitable piece of real estate", again, by the US...
Give it a break! Polling since the AUKUS announcement has shown consistently that in fact most Australians are comfortable with AUKUS across the main political spectrum. Stop acting as though this is something being forced upon anyone.

Josh_TN

Reaction score
The cost for any kind of containment after 1st island chain falls will be much more prohibitive than now, with the said chain acting essentially as a buffer zone for PLA activities as opposed to now where buffer zone is just 12nm from coast.
The choke points of the first chain will still be a major engagement zone, but basing assets there is increasingly impractical.

Rickshaw

Reaction score
Give it a break! Polling since the AUKUS announcement has shown consistently that in fact most Australians are comfortable with AUKUS across the main political spectrum. Stop acting as though this is something being forced upon anyone.
Most Australians are sheep. Far too many believe the bullshit they are served up day after day...

In_A_Dream

Reaction score
Most Australians are sheep. Far too many believe the bullshit they are served up day after day...

I do have to agree, given how quickly they've given in to the COVID19 measures. Some associates in Australia have commented that Australians believe that the US has the same type of COVID measures as them, completely unaware of most of the US is not enforcing vaccine mandates, passports, social distancing, or masks.

Rickshaw

Reaction score

I do have to agree, given how quickly they've given in to the COVID19 measures. Some associates in Australia have commented that Australians believe that the US has the same type of COVID measures as them, completely unaware of most of the US is not enforcing vaccine mandates, passports, social distancing, or masks.
And the alternative would be? Much greater death rates due to infection. The COVID-19 measures are only half measures as it stands. Things could be much worse, like the US, or Brazil!

jeffb

Reaction score

"Giving in" to the covid19 measures in Australia has kept the death toll to just over 2000. If the US "do nothing" approach had been adopted then that number would likely reflect the US experience and be around the 60,000 mark.

jeffb

Reaction score
Don't make me laugh! That polling reflects the fact that Australians have been told the RAN's getting nuclear submarines (some time in the next few decades), not that Australia will become a major hub for US strategic bomber forces (next week).

In_A_Dream

Reaction score
Australia will be a paramount ally going into the future. Since the end of the dark times of the Cold War, many countries have significantly revised their risk appetite to serve geo-political interests, and once again we will see a major shift in that respect due to the US-UK-AUS alliance. Japan will also be a major component of that alliance with South Korea remaining a wild card given their emotional relationship with North Korea.