Atlas Carver

Nice work. Looks a lot like a delta winged version of the AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo.

I completely agree, an absolutely gorgeous rendition! Why no national markings though?

Martin

Marvelous, stunning, very nicely done.

Gosh, how beautiful. Did you get inspiration from a two-seater MiG-29 ?

I completely agree, an absolutely gorgeous rendition! Why no national markings though?

Martin
You will find the Flag and a fictional unit badge on the tail.
As to why no "castles" or "cookie cutter" insignia? A honest answer simply is that I find both very difficult to replicate! I also carefully went over lots of pictures of Cheetah C's shortly after they entered service in the early 90's and found some of them did not carry national insignia on top of their wings. Even after they were declared fully operational in '95. That about settled it for me! Had Carver been produced the C version would not have seen the light of day hence I used it to base my decision on.

Cheers!

Gosh, how beautiful. Did you get inspiration from a two-seater MiG-29 ?

My inspiration was mostly French. The Mirage 2000 designer was after all part of the project. So I mixed some 2000 with some 3B/D (final carver design seems to point toward a twin engine, twin seat aircraft). The twin 9k50's also needed a big rear section! Although I must say, subconciously some Mig 29 might well have slipped in...

Nice. The engine smells Mirage IV, the LREX are Hornet, the nose looks like Mirage 2000, with a touch of MiG-29... a pretty nice ADN combination, really.

carvervictordouble.jpg

10605-c3b28119ee0fa930593aae222727d141.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

Mostly a canardless Rafale :)

Radium

Last edited: