Arthur Sack

papacavy

ACCESS: Confidential
Reaction score
Yes and no, this is related to the "Nazi UFO" nonsense. I'm sure you all know about the Sack AS.5 "Fleigende Bierdeckel" of World War 2. Want I would like to find out if Arthur Sack survived World War 2 and designed any more circular winged aircraft (please, don't bring up the disc-winge Me-262 or Me-163 - I KNOW they're fake (matter of fact, I think all/most of the Nazi UFO myth was created just to sell Zundel's Holocaust Denial propaganda)).

Thanks and be gentle.

Chuck

Here is a set of pictures of the Sack A.S. 6. This was designed and built during the war.
I'm not aware of any later design by Sack, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• Sack A.S. 6 at Brandis airfield.jpg
    Sack A.S. 6 at Brandis airfield.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 383
  • Sack A.S. 6 plan small.gif
    Sack A.S. 6 plan small.gif
    145.8 KB · Views: 98
  • Sack A.S. 6 artwork.jpg
    Sack A.S. 6 artwork.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 69
  • 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Sack AS-6.jpg
    Sack AS-6.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Sack A.S. 6 wing structure.jpg
    Sack A.S. 6 wing structure.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Sack A.S. 6 head-on view.jpg
    Sack A.S. 6 head-on view.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 336
From Flugzeug Profile.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.png
    2.png
    401.4 KB · Views: 74
The Sack AS.1,2,3,4 & 5,

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 15
Was there ever an AS 7?

Secret Projects: Flying Saucer Aircraft (Bill Rose and Tony Buttler, Midland Pub Ltd, 2007) had this:

Towards the end of the war Sack held discussions with engineers from Messerschmitt AG to explore the possibility of developing a more advanced aircraft, which Sack had named AS-7 V-l or the Bussard (Buzzard).
The idea was to combine the fuselage of a Messerschmitt Bf 109K-4 (the final production version of this aircraft) with a newly devised circular wing. Equipped with a DB605ASCM/DCM V-l2 engine rated at 2,000hp (1,491kW) driving a four-blade propeller, AS-7 might have combined high performance with an exceptional STOL capability. It is also likely that the circular wing would have made it possible to carry more armaments than the Bf-109K-4. Some unconfirmed reports suggest that Messerschmitt had provisionally assigned the designation Me 600 to the AS-7, but nothing came of this Fighter project.

Has this AS 7 and/or 'Me 600' concept since been debunked?

I note that Wikipedia has this:

AS-7 Proposed enlarged version to be powered by a 2,000 hp DB 605 engine and armed with six MK 108 cannons mounted in the wings. None built.

Me 600 Proposed Messerschmitt production of the AS-7. Not built.

Andreas Parsch mentions no '8-600' designation. Wiki does in its RLM list ... but no reference, of course.