Temistocle

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I found the attached image on this book, maybe not the most reliable source:

David Crocker
Secret Nazi Aircraft: 1939 -1945 Luftwaffe’s Advanced Aircraft Projects
Hobby Books

The caption only say "Argus Power System" and nothing else in the text.
It seems (to me) a VTOL aircraft with six fan/propeller for takeoff and two turbines for level flight.
Any idea/suggestion?

Attachments

• Argus Power System.jpg
    Argus Power System.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 194
Without judging the source, the caption of that drawing says "Rekonstruktion" (reconstruction),
place name "Pirna / DDR" (Pirna, GDR) and a timeframe from 1954 to 1956.
And the title is "UdssR" (USSR), so I have some doubts, if actually a German WW II project is meant.

This picture is show in book "Flugscheiben aus der Sowjetunion" AMUN 2001 (page 28)

Here is there version of Story

On Juni 13, 1957 came a Joseph Andreas Epp to US consulate in Bremerhaven, West Germany
He claim to come from East German zone and had Informations about "Soviet flying saucers"
Epp was hand over to CIC buro in Bremerhaven
were he has interrogated by Special Agent Alex R. Didriksen of 66th counter Intelligence Corps

report GE-013347

Joseph Andreas Epp Background study aeronautics and Shipbuilding at Bloom & Voss 1930 to 1932
from 1936 worked as engineer for Luftwaffe in 1945 arrested by US army later he went to East German zone

in 1956 working in Rostock shipyard improving Equipment for Fishing cutter
as he was order to Dresden to field office of Ministry for Aircraft Building
there they explain him that they know his about background as engineer for Luftwaffe
and offer Epp the option to work on "Soviet flying saucers"
Epp memorized so good as could the papers and Model they show to him and copy them later on paper.
in december 1956 he left East German zone to visit his mother in hamburg
but got Arrested by West German Police for fraud and detemtion while awaiting trial
during the 6 months he drawn the Pictures after he was release he went to US consulate

next that "James Bond" esk story is another problem
for eyewitness are his technical drawings... too accurate, they more like constructions blue prints
i suspect that Joseph Andreas Epp is the inventor of this "flying saucers" and try to sell it
as that not worked (see fraud accusations) he went to CIC and sold that as "Soviet flying saucers"
in hope they would build it too (so my Speculation)