Archibald's website - "going ballistic"

Archibald

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
I've long pondered about creating a website / blog. To try and channel and centralize my internet related hobbies since 2006.
The blog would discuss things like aircraft, space, military history, 1940 France, and.... Dragon ball Z.

Last night the name come to me like an evidence...

"Going ballistic" - yes I'm aware of the two meanings of that expression.

"GOING BALLISTIC - Life in a weird and angry world..."

It's a nod to Parabolic arc and... my own character.

Would you read such blog ? any tip before I eventually start it.

Would you read such blog ?

Sure, sounds interesting. I’ll avoid Dragon Ball because I’m too old for that. I’m Generation Mazinger Z

My tips: avoid political / activist extremism and confrontation and I my preference is for brief readings because my attention is already very over saturated with information.

I would be interested in seeing a more detailed list of things to be included. For example, military history from what date to what date? It would draw more people in if they knew that their particular time period of interest would be covered.

Please, no Dragon Ball...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, Dragon Ball would need to go on a separate site. Not serious enough and out of place.

any tip before I eventually start it.

if you want to do it because you simply want to do it... then go right ahead. If you want to do it because you're hoping to attain a certain level of readership, or ad revenue, or something along those lines... then, meh. Such things cannot be replied upon. But if you want to do it as a hobby, then it is its own reward.

any tip before I eventually start it.

if you want to do it

- because you simply want to do it... then go right ahead. If you want to do it as a hobby, then it is its own reward.

If you want to do it because you're hoping to attain a certain level of readership, or ad revenue, or something along those lines... then, meh. Such things cannot be replied upon.

From what I've red, in case 2 it's better to pick Wordpress. But I'm rather a case 1 - so either Blogspot or Medium, will be my choices...

Last edited: