• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Archibald happy place

Archibald

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Reaction score
As said in the title. I intend to use that thread to post a boatload of the suff I downloaded and also some videos I've made since, what, 2006 ?

- 99% of it will be aerospace related
- there will be Pdf - technicals papers
- there will be some videos, aerospace-related, too.

Let the madness begin !

Archibald

Reaction score
Let's start with what is kind of masterpiece I've done earlier this year.

Please note the basic CGI stuff is NOT mine but Hazegrayart, a CGI genius.

His Youtube channel here > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh2dnrLCNHDS2IV9I2R58Pw

My contribution

My mind was blown by the quality of that guy work. I downloaded his videos, pasted and glued them together into a 53 minute movie. Before that I added a soundtrack to each video.

Took me an entire month to get the entire thing right, with my antiquated 2009 computer taking 12 hours for the final assembly. Still no perfect yet, but I still have the "matrix" somewhere to improve it.

The Smashing Pumpkins: Tonight, tonight

Bill Conti: The Right Stuff OST - Breaking the sound barrier (note: this is XCOR promotional video, NOT Hazegrayart, which says about the guy talent)

Moby: We are all made of stars

Soviet National Anthem, 1984

Kalinka by the Red Army Choir

John Newman: Love me again (also part of Edge of tomorrow OST)

Underworld: Born slippy (also part of Trainspotting OST)

Jamiroquai: Cosmic Girl

Gossip: Heavy cross

The Verve: Lucky man

Daft Punk: Digital love

AC/DC: You shook me all night long

AC/DC: Thunderstruck

Moby: In my heart

Last edited:

Archibald

Reaction score
Oh never mind, just cut and past the URL, put "pwn" in front of the Y... and screw them...

Last edited:

Archibald

Reaction score
Click on the link below to download the video (no risk of russian viruses or hackers, I did it dozens of times)

DMFY

And enjoy !

--------------------------------

Pdf are easier... let's take a trip trough my 5000 files collection.

Let's start with AAP.

See attached the original plans and mission, crossed with Bellcomm, and the NRO MOL. Also space historian Roger Launius perspective on AAP from a 2015 point of view.

Attachments

Last edited:

Archibald

Reaction score
Big Gemini files - everything I could find. The main report (7 volumes at least) is "Logistic spacecraft evolving from Gemini". I would sold my sould to the devil himself to get my hands on it. :p
Blackstar and Archipeppe own contributions to the subject won't be included here - they are available elsewhere or on this forum.

A whole bunch of Big Gemini mockup photos can be found here > https://postimg.cc/gallery/1iujspjwk/

Attachments

Last edited:

Archibald

Reaction score
The AAP condensed summary of 1967 (picture and pdf are related, thanks to Graham 1973-2001 and the Orbiter forum, ten years ago !) is interesting.
Look at the list of Saturn Vs. The list of missions is rather familiar up to the Apollo 11 booster (think it AS-506). Then out universe Apollo 12 booster AS-507... goes to some kind of manned GEO mission !
This show how much JFK objective and deadline weighed on Apollo planning. Once the goal achieved, anything could happen bar... repeating the mission through Apollo 12 :p
- synoptic whether observation, LM lab, HEO - High Earth Orbit. Never happened, of course.

Last edited:

Archibald

Reaction score
More papers, this time about Advanced Saturns.

Attachments

Archibald

Reaction score
Advanced engines - improved J2s, F1s, H1s, and also the XLR-129, the missing link between J2 and SSME and also ISINGLASS SR-71, boost glide successor.

I have other files but they aparently burst the forum attachement. :(

Attachments

Archibald

Reaction score
More XLR-129.

In my space TL where the Shuttle is canned in October 1971 by Nixon science and budget advisors, PSAC and OMB, the F-1A and XLR-129 are recycled and flown on uprated Saturn V (central position, S-IC) and Saturn IB (stage 2 in place of the S-IVB's J2).

Nine Saturns were available by 1971-75: seven Saturn IB (209, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216) and a pair of Saturn V (among -513, -514 and 515, can't remember which one launched Skylab - the other 2 left, basically, if Skylab B ends screwed as per OTL).
I do know that most Saturn IBs past -211 lacked their S-IVBs but without a Shuttle, building some more S-IVBs would make some sense.
Nine Saturns is plenty enough to build some colossal space station, a huge Mir-on-steroids with 22ft and 33ft diameter modules.

Attachments

Archibald

Reaction score
Tomorrow and in the following days - more AAP, NRO - LMSS, Project Harvest Moon (an atempt at a private Apollo mission by new age hippies, no kidding !) LESA Apollo lunar base, reusable S-IC brochure, Block III Apollo evolutions, Gemini-based projects, and many others.

RanulfC

Reaction score
Big Gemini files - everything I could find. The main report (7 volumes at least) is "Logistic spacecraft evolving from Gemini". I would sold my sould to the devil himself to get my hands on it. :p
Blackstar and Archipeppe own contributions to the subject won't be included here - they are available elsewhere or on this forum.

A whole bunch of Big Gemini mockup photos can be found here > https://postimg.cc/gallery/1iujspjwk/
PDF #70601813e-0052 ends up being a page with what looks like names and testemony references to page numbers but nothing else. Was that what it was supposed to be?

Randy

Archibald

Reaction score
Good question. I think it is a NASA Congressional hearing (grilling would be a more appropriate word, after Apollo 1 and Mondale and Proxmire) in the 1968-1972 era I found on the Hati thrust website. It was so hard to find valuable information on Big Gemini, I scrounged bits of hearings on Google books that led to that website.
I couldn't find more than that goddam page, actually, which is pretty frustrating !!

RanulfC

Reaction score
Good question. I think it is a NASA Congressional hearing (grilling would be a more appropriate word, after Apollo 1 and Mondale and Proxmire) in the 1968-1972 era I found on the Hati thrust website. It was so hard to find valuable information on Big Gemini, I scrounged bits of hearings on Google books that led to that website.
I couldn't find more than that goddam page, actually, which is pretty frustrating !!
I hear that :)
The internet was a god-send... for a little while at least.

Randy