American Secret Projects 2: US Airlifters 1941 to 1961

lansei said:
Amazon just canncelled my order also. I'm just trying to understand why because you can still get the book from Barnes & Noble. I guess I will have to keep checking with Amazon.

You can get it from B&N, but not till July 15.

Hi All.

As far as I know ASP2 has been delayed slightly because the book is in fact being split into two volumes. I understand so much new material has been uncovered that there was too much for one volume.

Very best wishes, Tony.

That sounds like a great "problem" to have! Look forward to two volumes!

Enjoy the Day! Mark

I agree with Mark, that's a great "problem" to have. Here's looking at lots of interesting and new information becoming available. I'll be very much looking forward to both volumes.

Crecy now has ASP 3:Airlifters shown on their site with a end of Sept 2019 release date.

So obviously the first book to be published, covering the post-1962 airlifters, will be volume 3, with volume 2 to appear later.

Antonio said:
It seems that not enough people is interested in commercial aircraft designs. In my opinion, enough interesting stuff for a full civil secret projects series.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stuck-Drawing-Board-Commercial-Revealing/dp/0752431722

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Building-Concorde-Tony-Buttler/dp/1910809144

Thanks for your recommendation, I appreciate it !!

Crecy's showing Vol.2 out in May and Vol.3 out in Sept.

American Secret Projects 2 cover. I believe the cover for 3 is the design previously allocated to 2.

Attachments

• 20190313_075002.jpg
    20190313_075002.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 360
  • 20190313_075010.jpg
    20190313_075010.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 330
Is the first volume actually being published today; or not?

Terry (Caravellarella)

Its very close to finished, but not quite there yet. Splitting it into two books wasn't just "chop out chapters 1-8" , it resulted in a "second edition" reediting of the material and reconsideration of pictures etc.

It should be another few weeks until the design is finalised and approved, and then add to that however long it takes Crecy to get it printed and shipped.

Looks great - not 100 percent my cup of tea but really interested now

I'd curious to see the table of contents for the book American Secret Projects 2 and also the American Secret Projects 3, since those volumes contain paper projects.

You're not kidding.

Amazon UK is showing a publication date of 28 June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.com finally got their act together. The book is now being shown as available on 15 July with a price of $44.95 (which will probably come down by the availability date). That's more like it!

B*llocks! I pre-ordered my copy on amazon as it is due to be published this weekend and now amazon tell me it won't be delivered until between 3rd August and 21st September 2019!

Terry (Caravellarella)

Mrs. Hirshman, Publishing Assistant at Crécy Publishing, answered me a few minutes ago:

... and American Secret Projects 2 came out this week

:)

B*llocks! I pre-ordered my copy on amazon as it is due to be published this weekend and now amazon tell me it won't be delivered until between 3rd August and 21st September 2019!

Terry (Caravellarella)

Amazon have mixed up volumes 2 and 3, it seems. You could order direct from Crecy instead.

Terry (Caravellarella)

Amazon have mixed up volumes 2 and 3, it seems. You could order direct from Crecy instead.
I ordered both volumes from Amazon.co.uk. Given that Volume 2 is in stock, my copy of Volume 2 should ship shortly.

I think there is some confusion here:

The second book in the American Secret Projects Series (ASP2) is Volume 1 of Airlifters.
The third book in the American Secret Projects Series (ASP3) is Volume 2 of Airlifters.

Fulfillment via Crecy and Amazon UK should be underway.

Fulfillment via Specialty Press and Amazon US should start within four to six weeks; that will be after shipping time to the US; the books clear US Customs; and reach Specialty. Specialty will then ship to Amazon US who will then fulfill those orders.

I cancelled my amazon.co.uk and ordered from another UK website for delivery by return. Amazon.co.uk could not deliver before between 3rd August and 21st September 2019 and the Crécy website doesn't even give a publication date......

Terry (Caravellarella)

Got my copy yesterday via amazon, very interesting.

Two things of particular intrest, an attempt by Douglas to put a tail ramp on its DC-3 and Boeing's turboprop 367-81 versions.

Last edited:
Have my copy since this morning thanks to the excellent services
of Standaard Boekhandel Belgium (31.95Eu)

Wonderfull book!

P.S : Boeing C-127 project is not mentioned nor illustrated it seems...

Two things of particular intrest, an attempt by Douglas to put a tail ramp on its DC-3 and Boeing's turboprop 367-81 versions.

What is the identity of the aircraft on the cover?

Have my copy since this morning thanks to the excellent services
of Standaard Boekhandel Belgium (31.95Eu)

Wonderfull book!

P.S : Boeing C-127 project is not mentioned nor illustrated it seems...

Correction : Boeing C-127 is not mentioned in he indexpages but a bit text appears
on page 158. " .... It has been suggested that the model 493 was given the designation C-127
but this is not borne out by AirForce sources..."

What is the identity of the aircraft on the cover?

Fairchild M-99-07 heavy airlifter for the spec that the Douglas C-124 was put into production for.

Amatheft delivered my copy today and I have been devouring it.
I cannot wait to get my paws on part 2 in September but there is so much material and information in this book it is a must have for anyone interested in this subject

I bought my copy of the volume from Amazon.co.uk and it shipped July 9.

I haven't found any typos or layout errors yet (unlike previous titles from the same publishers who were evidently editor-less)...

Myriad C-74 projects to savour on the road to the C-124 :)

Terry (Caravellarella)

Back
Top Bottom