ISBN10 1910809160
ISBN13 9781910809167

Attachments

pometablava

CLEARANCE: Top Secret
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: American Secret Projects 2: Airlifters Hardcover – December 15, 2018

OMG!!!...I'be been waiting for it all my life. Great news! :)

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Nice one from Craig - a forum member - not entirely my thing but I'll give it a go :)

starviking

Reaction score

Nice! And I guess a big hat-tip is due to Chris Gibson for showing that folk will buy books on transport projects...

Flying Sorcerer

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score

Any table of contents for preview??

ford_tempo

Reaction score

Great!

but why volume II, given that there have been already 3 volumes in the ASP series?

best,

F_T

CJGibson

Shoot him, you fool!
Reaction score

Ah....

Attachments

Hood

Reaction score

Looks like yet another forthcoming addition to my bookshelf.

I'm totally losing track of Crecy's renumbering. I guess from this we can take it that Tony's ASP: 1 & 2 won't be revised like the earlier BSP series?

Maybe Crecy should have just lost the volume numbers and added meaningful subtitles instead?

CJGibson

Shoot him, you fool!
Reaction score

In fairness, I think ASP Transports was under way before Atlas. I only found out about it when I was looking into the RAF's interest in the C-5.

Chris

hesham

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Reaction score

Wow,oh my God.

lark

Reaction score

Formidable !

ford_tempo

Reaction score

Hood said:

I'm totally losing track of Crecy's renumbering. I guess from this we can take it that Tony's ASP: 1 & 2 won't be revised like the earlier BSP series?

Maybe Crecy should have just lost the volume numbers and added meaningful subtitles instead?
I think I came up with a possible explanation for why it is number 2. The first and only volume published by Crecy is the one about WWII secret projects. If this is tru probably post-war bombers and fighters will be III and IV or higher if any volume is split in two.

overscan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hood said:

1 and now 2 were Crecy releases. The previous ASP volumes were released by Ian Allan / Midland. The numbering is consistent. Rereleases of the old ASP volumes will be 3 and 4 most likely.

ford_tempo

Reaction score

PaulMM (Overscan) said:
1 and now 2 were Crecy releases. The previous ASP volumes were released by Ian Allan / Midland. The numbering is consistent. Rereleases of the old ASP volumes will be 3 and 4 most likely.
Hopefully the volumes on fighters and bombers will be expanded and split (after all there was enough material for a volume including project only up to the 50's in "Early US Jet Fighters: Proposals, Projects and Prototypes") and perhaps volumes about strategic recon, hypersonics and son will be released.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com

ford_tempo said:
Hopefully the volumes on fighters and bombers will be expanded and split (after all there was enough material for a volume including project only up to the 50's in "Early US Jet Fighters: Proposals, Projects and Prototypes") and perhaps volumes about strategic recon, hypersonics and son will be released.
I actually hope not. As much as it is nice to have more info, it is annoying to already have a copy of a book only to have it updated and re-released. I want the new info but I don't want to purchase a book that I already have 95% or similar of. It would be nice, if an addendum could be released instead with the new info for those who already have purchased.

pometablava

Staff member
Reaction score

I agree with GTX specially when applies to the most expensive books.

May be a full new edition could be targeted to new readers, but it would be great to have also a sort of addendum edition for those who already purchased the original volume. Not easy, I understand, but probably fair. Jenkins "Space Shuttle" saw four editions growing in contents and price to an almost astronomical sum. I bought 1st and 3rd editions and I ended with disapointed after ending with the final edition. Next summer is going to be published the second edition of Friedman US submarines since 1945...

A second edition of British Secret Projects sixteen years after the first edition isn't too bad because price is affordable

Orionblamblam

CLEARANCE: Above Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.up-ship.com

pometablava said:
I agree with GTX specially when applies to the most expensive books.

May be a full new edition could be targeted to new readers, but it would be great to have also a sort of addendum edition for those who already purchased the original volume. Not easy, I understand, but probably fair.
The chance of that making *any* sort of financial sense is minimal to the point of nonexistence. The market would necessarily be smaller than for the whole book, while the production cost would be roughly the same even if it was only a small fraction of the length.

Jenkins "Space Shuttle" saw four editions growing in contents and price to an almost astronomical sum. I bought 1st and 3rd editions and I ended with disapointed after ending with the final edition.
I can't comprehend anyone being disappointed at the final edition of STS.

ov-101

Reaction score

pometablava said:
Not easy, I understand, but probably fair. Jenkins "Space Shuttle" saw four editions growing in contents and price to an almost astronomical sum. I bought 1st and 3rd editions and I ended with disapointed after ending with the final edition. Next summer is going to be published the second edition of Friedman US submarines since 1945...
Dennis Jenkins’ Space Shuttle is a fantastic book...What makes you disappointed about it?

XP67_Moonbat

Reaction score

Yeah. What was wrong with it? Also, I wouldn't mind a AUS hypersonics volume