Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxaJgxXavc

maxsmodels

19.2K subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
A brief look at the history of England;s most famous kit model brand, Airfix. Sources: Forty Years of Airfix Models Sixty Years of Airfix Models By Jeremy Brook Scale Models International October 1994 J.C. Carbonel Article provided by Sergey The Book of Airfix by Arthur Ward

Note that this video was made before the current Covid-19 related model making renaissance had really gotten underway.

Under their latest owner, Airfix has been doing some of the highest quality releases they have ever done. I really need to pick up a 24th Mossie and a Typhoon. I liked Matchbox's eclectic subjects like the 32nd Lysander and Tiger Moth. I don't think anyone else has jumped up to do another Stranraer. I think Revell Germany owns the Matchbox tools now.

One only recently gone maker I'd really like to see back is Wingnut Wings. They had a large line of 1/32 WW1 kits that are probably the best that will ever be and those that are available are very dear. Hope someone will get them going again.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1EaiPpbWU

MOS6510 Models

106,657 views Premiered Nov 23, 2022
Factory tour of PlasTech where the New Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Is Being Made I was invited by @OfficialAirfix to join them at the Factory where their new Spitfire is being manufactured.. This tour will show how scale model kits are made. In this video, we're taking you on a tour of the Plastech Factory, where the 1/24 Spitfire model is made. This is a fascinating tour that will show you how this Brand New 1/24 Spitfire model is made.

The Link To buy the 1/24 Spitfire kit https://prf.hn/l/1MYm8nE

If you're a fan of Airfix Models , then you'll want to check out this Factory tour! This tour will take you through the different stages of the model's production, from seeing the tooling to finished product. This is a fascinating tour that will show you how this Airfix model is made.

Plastech is a Company that creates tooling for injection mouldings and has partnered with Airfix to produce, pack and ship the new Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk.IXc.. I show you the tool room, mould room and the packaging area where this Airfix Spitfire Super kit (and quick build range) are brought to life and ready for us scale modellers to build.. This video goes into every thing from the tools, to how the boxes are designed to be specific for the airfix spitfire.

Huge thanks to Mark from Plastech for the tour www.plastch.com

And The Airfix Team, Dale Luke Chris and Brooke! for inviting us for this Airfix Press day

Last edited:
FsJ99GZaYAM5mqa

FsKAy3vaYAE8v5O

Has anyone written a master list of all the plastic kits ever offered? … sorted by type and scale?

Has anyone written a master list of all the plastic kits ever offered? … sorted by type and scale?
That would be a massive prospect given the vast range of newer manufacturers and the constant stream of new releases.

Terry (Caravellarella)

Two attempts at complete listings that I'm aware of were The Collectors Value Guide For Scale Model Plastic Kits by John W. Burns (I have the sixth edition from 1994) and more narrowly Plastic Aircraft Kits Of The Twentieth Century (And Beyond) by the same author (the most recent update I have is from 2006-2007). I believe there was also an analogous British publication from the mid Seventies, but I can't locate it at the moment.