Advice from Chrome users...

robunos

You're Mad, You Are.....
Reaction score
I'm evaluating Google Chrome. So far, so good, except...
Usually, when I see an attached image I wish to save, I click on the link under the image, and the Save Requester opens with the image file name, allowing me to choose the destination folder to save to.
Chrome won't let me do this, in the Save Requester I get a file name of 'index', and a file type of 'HTML file' I'm having to open the image, do a 'Save Image As', and then close the image.
How can I get clicking on the link to work?
Thanks in advance,

cheers,
Robin.

Just a little FYI. Chrome will show a home window that looks just like the Gmail logon. But its not. It is the Chrome logon, and after you login to it, it will start saving every password you use, into the cloud. Without asking you if you want to or not. It gets even better. You can close your gmail tab, then open a new tab and someone could log into their gmail, which Chrome is more than happy to save right into your profile, password and all. AND NOT WARN YOU IT IS DOING THIS IN ANY WAY.
Then Chrome will start trying to "help" you log into your "other" gmail account, and you will eventually figure out how in the hell this happened, but then you will spend another 2 hours trying to figure out where Chrome stored the name and password of the account that inadvertently got cached. And if you don't dig up exactly the right settings, which it does not want you to do, and specifically tell it to delete those cached accounts and credentials, they'll keep coming back like a bad habit.....

Viva la Firefox.

You should never let anyone else use your logon session on your computer. That's what guest accounts are for.

Yes, Chrome can store all its settings in your Google account. I find this very useful, personally.

robunos said:
Usually, when I see an attached image I wish to save, I click on the link under the image, and the Save Requester opens with the image file name, allowing me to choose the destination folder to save to.
Chrome won't let me do this, in the Save Requester I get a file name of 'index', and a file type of 'HTML file' I'm having to open the image, do a 'Save Image As', and then close the image.
Thanks in advance,

cheers,
Robin.

Similar problem with opera, which runs on chromium

I've noticed that right clicking on the black lines of a drawing will let me save the image but I get the same html issue if I right click in the white space. This is from the expanded image view, not opening the image in a new tab.

It is a really weird issue that only started a few months ago.

sublight is back said:
Just a little FYI. Chrome will show a home window that looks just like the Gmail logon. But its not. It is the Chrome logon, and after you login to it, it will start saving every password you use, into the cloud. Without asking you if you want to or not. It gets even better. .

I've used Chrome for several years and never encountered this issue. It will save passwords across platforms if I let it, but it has never done so without asking.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/09/20/chrome_url_crash/

Houston, we have a problem.

robunos said:
Thanks in advance,

cheers,
Robin.

Sure you're not seeing these options (right-click menu)? I've been using Chrome for ages, never had a problem.

Attachments

• 9-21-2015 2-14-24 PM.jpg
    9-21-2015 2-14-24 PM.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 75