About japanese aircraft of wwii

airman

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
zeef.com
About japanese aircraft of wwii we know that most of these was lack of protection and i don't know if there was some aircraft or prototypes of aircraft with protection of aircraft comparable with Hellcat or the Republic Thunderbolt ( i have posted here because i don't know where post this question)

IIRC, the Kawanishi N1K and Nakajima Ki-84 were both relatively respectable in this regard.

GTX said:
IIRC, the Kawanishi N1K and Nakajima Ki-84 were both relatively respectable in this regard.
Yes, and surely also version A6M8 of Zero and A7M , so Kawasaki Ki-61 and Ki-100 , just few type of aircraft have a good protection for what i remember but nothing comparable with Thunderbolt and Grumman Hellcat.

Hy everyone. The last type of Zero was A5M2 Hey (with four 20 mm canon). A5M2 was comparable with F6M Hellcat. A5M2 have a god armor protection to cockpit and wings (for carburant rezervoar).
A6M and A7M (Reppu) bot were prototipes, never built.

Oder plane comparable with Hellcat was Kawanishi NiK2 George ( with 1975 hp engine and four 20mm gun) . Nakajima Ki 84 Hayate (Frank) - it is say that was better then Hellcat - the americans say that was the best airplane built in ww2.