A unmarked Aircraft in the Sky

Michel Van

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
i live under Air-traffic "crossroad"

means i see allot aircrafts over my head
coming or going to Liege Airport, Maastricht, Düsseldorf, Köln-Bonn and Zaventem-Brüssel
and Geilenkirchen NATO base
i notice there aircraft because they fly very low from Geilenkirchen over Herzogenrath into Belgium airspace

yesterday i saw a airliner quite low from there, direction south
it was twin engine either a Boeing 777 or 787
What was quite unusual its painting: bright white, no logos, no numbers, no markings.
except one bright red color rectangle under fuselage were Wings are connected to it

normally a Airliner has markings and number & letters also logos and sign-board on his hull.
This here missing them All ! only immaculate bright white with red rectangle under fuselage.

Do some one in this forum know what is this all about ?

The only thing I can think of, it's a new B777 or B787 destined for Emirates, going to a completion centre to have its graphics applied, before delivery, or, it's an older, retired Emirates aircraft, which has had it's graphics removed prior to disposal. I believe that most modern aircraft markings are vinyl decals, but the red rectangle underneath may well be painted on . . . see image. (image source google images)

EDIT . . . regarding the lack of registration letters, I have seen pictures of Boeing aircraft on pre-delivery test flights, where the registration letters are marked on sheets of paper, stuck to the insides of the cabin windows . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Attachments

• 20140412_A6-ECN_Boeing_777-36NER_David_Eyre-1.jpg
    20140412_A6-ECN_Boeing_777-36NER_David_Eyre-1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 389
thanks, robunos

That the aircraft, B777 or B787
but not Emirates logo or letters on it
and rectangle was wider almost to the wings

and now i recollects another detail no windows, that was a cargo plane
this picture show almost how it was painted
small-cargo-airplane-landing-runway-260nw-50866543.jpg

Normally companies put there logos on it or there Names like Emirates, Fed-EX or BARDAF
this plane had Nothing except the red rectangle under fuselage

Have a look under 'charter' airlines, I've seen an all white 747 with no markings except for some very tiny registration letters at YYC. It turned out to be Isreali

Does it show up on Flightradar24 or ADS-B Exchange?

Chris

CJGibson said:
Does it show up on Flightradar24 or ADS-B Exchange?

Chris

Nope two reasons, i was on street looking to that plane, i not took my phone to check it
next to that the aircraft from Geilenkirchen base are not display on Flightradar24 or ADS-B Exchange
what i notice on several occasion to try figure out who to hell is fly so low in sky...

kitnut617 said:
Have a look under 'charter' airlines, I've seen an all white 747 with no markings except for some very tiny registration letters at YYC. It turned out to be Isreali

So could be i saw a israeli Charter airliner ?

There have been a few sightings in the US of an all white four engine aircraft (i.e. B707, B747) flying around. One observer indicated that it had a red rectangle on the bottom. The aircraft were part of a military program with one of these aircraft answering to the call sign IRON99. Here's a link to two of the the sightings.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/17/mysterious-white-plane-spotted-circling-denver-metro-area.html
http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?135300-All-White-747-with-red-rectangle-painted-on-bottom-of-aircraft

Also reminds me of this story: https://interestingengineering.com/a-mystery-aircraft-seen-over-oregon-still-has-no-explanation

Martin

The one doing racetrack patterns around Denver sure looks like an E-6 Mercury and if it did go back to Oklahoma, the E-6 squadron is based there at Tinker AFB.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Mark Nankivil said:
The one doing racetrack patterns around Denver sure looks like an E-6 Mercury and if it did go back to Oklahoma, the E-6 squadron is based there at Tinker AFB.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Indeed it was.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/navy-identifies-mystery-plane-over-denver-its-mission-still-a-secret

JSOC had an exercice in UK (sourced from Scramble) - C-32:

https://www.facebook.com/Scramblemagazine/photos/pcb.2227719943921194/2227707690589086/?type=3&theater

One possibility could be that it was a 'Green' aircraft during transit to the facility that will fit the interior and do the exterior painting for the customer. We see 'Green' aircraft at KCPS all the time as the Gulfstream facility there does this work for bizjet class aircraft.

Note: the term 'Green' refers to the protective coating applied to the metal, or to the primer coating, or to the color of some of the non-metal parts.

The Artist said:
One possibility could be that it was a 'Green' aircraft during transit to the facility that will fit the interior and do the exterior painting for the customer. We see 'Green' aircraft at KCPS all the time as the Gulfstream facility there does this work for bizjet class aircraft.

Note: the term 'Green' refers to the protective coating applied to the metal, or to the primer coating, or to the color of some of the non-metal parts.

yes, i know that, its zinc chromate and it come in various shade of green
Airbus do this, flying there Aircraft in "Green" from Factory to paint shop.
But do regulation those Airbus have to paint the tail unit with logo of costumer.
4080950782_bbedcd454d.jpg

and what i saw was white Aircraft with red square under fuselage and no Logo or numbers.

Michel Van said:
i live under Air-traffic "crossroad"

means i see allot aircrafts over my head
coming or going to Liege Airport, Maastricht, Düsseldorf, Köln-Bonn and Zaventem-Brüssel
and Geilenkirchen NATO base
i notice there aircraft because they fly very low from Geilenkirchen over Herzogenrath into Belgium airspace

yesterday i saw a airliner quite low from there, direction south
it was twin engine either a Boeing 777 or 787
What was quite unusual its painting: bright white, no logos, no numbers, no markings.
except one bright red color rectangle under fuselage were Wings are connected to it

normally a Airliner has markings and number & letters also logos and sign-board on his hull.
This here missing them All ! only immaculate bright white with red rectangle under fuselage.

Do some one in this forum know what is this all about ?

How strange I noticed a B777 yesterday on Flightradar24 with no registration and no other details than that it was a B777. No details where it had come from or where it was going, literally nothing. I couldn’t see it as it was said to be at 35,000 feet.

If the aircraft is going to a non airline customer, the tail could be left blank. And the registration could be a temporary one owned by the manufacturer used for shakedown and delivery flights. This could be why the phone apps can't identify the aircraft - today the reg is on a 777, and next week it could be on a 767. There could also be political reasons for the aircraft being delivered with no markings. Think about why F-4 Phantoms and F-16s going to Israel flew there with US insignias applied over the roundels.

Update

i live now near by Geilenkirchen NATO base
and see allot low flying AWACS Planes
but since Ukraine crisis i see allot twin engine jet fly to Geilenkirchen
All White, no Logo, no marking and red square under fuselage were wings are installed.
mostly 3 plane/day arriving, one hour between each landing.

they not to see in Flightradar24 or ADS-B Exchange.

We are hardly in a high traffic zone here but, late at night there has been an increase of heavy traffic. A lot of aircraft circling/orbiting for some reason, landing patterns perhaps. More and more of the turboprops have an odd sound to them which I can only ascribe to being part of an anti IR system fitted to exhaust combined with the usual turboprop engine and gearbox sounds. Nothing X files about it but they do sound weird.

A yes that
I notice there increase of night flights at Geilenkirchen NATO base
The issue, they do low altitude approach to runway
bit too noisy for neighbourhood...

Any photos of the aircraft types noted, be interesting to see if its similar to the unmarked types currently appearing at a number of bases around the zones of tension

We have too much light pollution for any kind o picture with what I have, sorry. Guessing A400 for the most part but some fast jet types too.

All we ever seem to get here are Canadian Herks and Globemasters and Aussie Globemasters. Probably a more reliable scheduled service to Oz via the RAAF than Qantas these days.

All White, no Logo, no marking and red square under fuselage were wings are installed.
It might be US Army's ARTEMIS:
50211866993_f3a63a6357_b.jpg

There has been at least one checking the southern flank near Moldova, occasionally popping up on Flightradar24 doing racetracks.