Robotics - General News

Notice:
Pulling a box from the side or from the top with suction cup would be the inappropriate way of handling packages in 50% of the time.
Packaging generally understands that heavy items would be handled by being lifted from below or from both sides simultaneously.

Sad to see that after such time working on robotics they are still working at solving simplified problems only (as opposed to thoughtfully).

Notice:
Pulling a box from the side or from the top with suction cup would be the inappropriate way of handling packages in 50% of the time.
Packaging generally understands that heavy items would be handled by being lifted from below or from both sides simultaneously.

Sad to see that after such time working on robotics they are still working at solving simplified problems only (as opposed to thoughtfully).
This looks like a product that can actually make money, selling the BD brand name. (halo robots good at marketing~) After so management changes someone has to come up with some monetarization plan. Even a small piece of this ENORMOUS pie is big, big bucks.

They should make a video game out of it and ppl would queue to work for free (let's admit that Forklift can be fun).
Imagine that once you've reached your weekly objectives, you qualify for a workshop battle with specially fitted Forklift warriors aquin to combat robots.

A collection of interesting technologies in this issue - waterstriders, wallclimbers etc. And origami wheels... whenever I see someone try to reinvent the wheel, I think they've actually created a maintenance nightmare that will serve best as a highly effective pebble and sand collector.

Mostly paywalled, but you can read the abstracts and use those to google the researchers and their labs.

Whenever I see DNA anything I wonder if we'll ever figure it out. I don't mean the caveman-like, "take this part and put it over here and see what happens". I mean inputting a sequence into a computer and knowing what will come out the other end, from a clean sheet. And that's only part of the problem (and probably not even the hardest part). Once you know what your shiny new sequence SHOULD produce how do you make it happen? The amount of complexity makes my head hurt.

Hyundai Motor Group has completed its acquisition of a controlling interest in Boston Dynamics, a cutting-edge robotics firm based in the US. It means HMG now takes an 80% share of the $1.1 billion dollar tech company ... partnering up with HMG should allow the company to fast track its tech into a much larger environment, and also speed up the path from R&D to commercialization. For example, the manufacturing weight of HMG will be invaluable in accelerating the deployment of humanoid robots in hospitals.

Last edited:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6lrMQCymgA

00:00 - Intro 00:51 - Predicting the Future: Drones 02:13 - Robots taking our jobs 02:46 - Blue Collar Robot Rebellion 03:26 - Conversations with computers 04:00 - The End of Passwords 04:34 - Flat screen TVs and Tablets 05:10 - This movie is NOT set in the future Other technology-related topics we didn't cover that are in the movie include: Video doorbells Agricultural automation Police and their relationship to the news media Robots in medicine Self Driving Cars