• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

1/72 scale 3D printed prototypes and proposed projects

zanenobbs

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.internationalresinmodellers.com
Yes, too fine detail to really work with the FDM printing but am revising these models for resin printing which should easily cope with addition of interior detail, control surfaces and landing gear
For the resin printer I'm familiar with (Shapeways FUD material), 1/72 landing gear would be quite fragile, I don't think it'd be able to carry the weight of the aircraft.
It depends a lot on the printing technology, resin choice, extent of cure/crosslink density and any filler/reinforcement - materially and with the right design choices I think I can probably make something work. Needn't all be done in one print so can lightweight the airframe and print the wheels, struts and doors in one element in a more sturdy resin system to try and beef up their load bearing capacity. Worst comes to worst I can always do undercarriage in SLS metal so it is in titanium or steel and the rest in resin
Thank you! I like to have my aircraft on the landing gear. Would you be able to do requests if all of the drawings, photos, and dimensions are provided?

lostcosmonauts

CLEARANCE: Restricted
Reaction score
Thank you! I like to have my aircraft on the landing gear. Would you be able to do requests if all of the drawings, photos, and dimensions are provided?
[/QUOTE]

Umm... I don't really do this professionally but as a rough guess (without seeing the drawings or how intricate and complex the design is) be 2-3 days of work to draw up, get feedback from you and then tweak a decent quality 3d design. You'd be looking at anything from free (It is something I'd want and do just out of my own interest, I retain all the rights to the design giving you a copy of the model as a thank you for the reference info) to £400-600 (It is a design I'm not interested in myself and I hand over the file retaining no rights over it) Someone who does this professionally and with more experience would likely be able to do it quicker and give you a more detailed quote.

zanenobbs

CLEARANCE: Confidential
Reaction score
Website
www.internationalresinmodellers.com
Umm... I don't really do this professionally but as a rough guess (without seeing the drawings or how intricate and complex the design is) be 2-3 days of work to draw up, get feedback from you and then tweak a decent quality 3d design. You'd be looking at anything from free (It is something I'd want and do just out of my own interest, I retain all the rights to the design giving you a copy of the model as a thank you for the reference info) to £400-600 (It is a design I'm not interested in myself and I hand over the file retaining no rights over it) Someone who does this professionally and with more experience would likely be able to do it quicker and give you a more detailed quote.
[/QUOTE]
Okay! Thank you for your kind response!