1/1200 British J3 Battle Cruiser and French 23,400 Battlecruiser

ptdockyard

"Pick out the biggest and commence firing"
Reaction score
Yesterday I released my 1/1200 J3 Battlecruiser HMS St. Vincent. I have always liked the early concepts like this and the L3 and finally settled down to make her. I based the tower on the painting in Raven and Robert's "British Battleships page 106 and am quite happy with the results. This is the first casting and also my first shot at British Camouflage in this scale so be kind:).

I have several other new "What ifs" including “Charlemagne”, the French 23,400 ton Battlecruiser design 1929 found in Jordan's "French Battleships" book. This was a precursor to the Dunkirque class with ten-12" guns.

Dave G PTD J3 St VincentA.jpg PTD Charlamagne French BC.jpg

Have you seen the site above. I use it regularly. I am sure folks there would be interested in your models.

Interesting to put the 4 gun turret top; but then they would fire only two guns at a time if I remember.
I like odd designs like the Rodney and Richelieu; the latter had a standardish proposed sister where the turrets would have been split fore and aft of the castle (a third hull was started but not resumed after the war if I remember).

Back
Top Bottom