Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Space Projects / Re: Question about UK space program.
« Last post by FighterJock on Today at 04:49:06 am »
Harrison would be better -- what better than a navigation system named after the fellow who actually solved a navigation problem.

A good choice TomS, I had actually forgot about Harrison and his links to navigation.
« Last post by TomS on Today at 03:05:38 am »
Harrison would be better -- what better than a navigation system named after the fellow who actually solved a navigation problem.
« Last post by FighterJock on Today at 02:57:43 am »
http://spacenews.com/could-britain-collaborate-with-australia-on-a-galileo-alternative/

As there is lots of talk about gong it alone with out own Satellite Navigation program post Brexit, I wonder what would all users of this thread think would make a good name for such a system?  My own two proposals would be either Newton or Hawking.
Any official drawing regarding the me 155?

Military / Re: Nuclear Weapons NEWS ONLY
« Last post by kaiserd on Today at 02:46:46 am »
Morale in the ICBM forces hit an all time low under Obama.  It started it's slide back under HW.  And before anybody starts warming up a knee, that's common knowledge, and not something that is going to change without some serious effort.  That's not an excuse, as some would have you think, for getting rid of the ICBM fleet.  It just means somebody needs to do something REAL to improve the morale, and training, in that area.

News only?
Still very few informations about what could be the futur fighter
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Me-109S featuring blown flaps
« Last post by sgeorges4 on Today at 01:33:38 am »
also,do you have any drawing of the fuselage of this project or not?
Missile Projects / Re: MX (Peacekeeper) deployment concepts.
« Last post by Hobbes on Today at 01:21:27 am »
Only one I could find that hadn't been posted already. . .as far as I can tell.  I can't help but wonder why this needed to be so damn big when the TEL that was looked at to carry the Soviet equivalent (basically), the SS-24 Scalpel, was so much smaller.

I dunno, the Soviet transporter is bigger than it looks. It's 4.1 meters wide, the Terex is based on the Terex 33-11 offroad dumper, which is 4.7 m wide. http://www.ritchiespecs.com/specification?type=Con&category=Rock+Truck&make=Terex&model=33-11C&modelid=104237
Space Projects / Re: Queqiao - Chinese Lunar Communication Relay Satellite
« Last post by Archibald on Yesterday at 10:36:28 pm »
He was the first (AFAIK) to propose a relay satellite at EML-2 for farside landings. Perhaps some mixed feelings to see the Chinese doing it instead of America - but whatever...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10