Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Genius Weapons: Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Weaponry, and the Future of Warfare

https://www.amazon.com/dp/163388452X/?coliid=I3BHW1Z4JKQSSC&colid=BW1R4VUT2EJT&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

A technology expert describes the ever-increasing role of artificial intelligence in weapons development, the ethical dilemmas these weapons pose, and the potential threat to humanity.

Artificial intelligence is playing an ever-increasing role in military weapon systems. Going beyond the bomb-carrying drones used in the Afghan war, the Pentagon is now in a race with China and Russia to develop "lethal autonomous weapon systems" (LAWS). In this eye-opening overview, a physicist, technology expert, and former Honeywell executive examines the advantages and the potential threats to humanity resulting from the deployment of completely autonomous weapon systems. Stressing the likelihood that these weapons will be available in the coming decades, the author raises key questions about how the world will be impacted.
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Luftwaffe: Secret Designs of the Third Reich
« Last post by newsdeskdan on Yesterday at 10:55:42 am »
Is there any indication in the P222 drawings of where the port exhaust would have gone? And is there any data on the take off weight and empty weight of this design?

It's unclear. I've attached the highest res version of the drawings I have. No weight data either I'm afraid.
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Luftwaffe: Secret Designs of the Third Reich
« Last post by sienar on Yesterday at 01:05:36 am »
Is there any indication in the P222 drawings of where the port exhaust would have gone? And is there any data on the take off weight and empty weight of this design?
Got my copy. Stunning 100+ pages of high-quality photos.
Many I didn't see before. Great copmliment to Paul Metz book.
If you like the Black Widow, don't even think - go buy it.
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: New Tu-22M-3 Book from Polygon Press
« Last post by FighterJock on May 24, 2018, 02:51:58 am »
Hopefully one day there will be someone who will write an full English translation of this book.  ;)
« Last post by GTX on May 23, 2018, 09:56:05 am »
Darn.  That airplane, and it's missile, have always fascinated me. 

ditto
« Last post by sferrin on May 23, 2018, 06:36:06 am »
I don't suppose it's one of those books that are half Russian, half English?

Unfortunately, the preview indicates that it is entirely in Russian.

Darn.  That airplane, and it's missile, have always fascinated me.  Seems like an extremely useful, and versatile aircraft.  Internal bay for bombs and high capacity external hard points for large munitions.
« Last post by gatoraptor on May 23, 2018, 06:28:59 am »

Unfortunately, the preview indicates that it is entirely in Russian.
« Last post by sferrin on May 23, 2018, 04:53:14 am »
Bookshelf & Marketplace / New Tu-22M-3 Book from Polygon Press
« Last post by PaulMM (Overscan) on May 23, 2018, 02:09:26 am »
http://www.polygonpress.ru/?portfolio=dalnij-raketonosets-bombardirovschik-tu-22m3

A nice preview on the site shows many pages from the book. 544 pages, many original Tupolev drawings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10