Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Ah, long about the "Twelfth of Never", then?

Naw, naw, any day now. Really and for true. My promise of speed is as trustworthy as a politicians claims.
Shouldn't be too long. Say, about the time SLS is regularly flying NASA astronauts to Mars. So there surely won't be any unforeseen delays or needless stalling.
Ah, long about the "Twelfth of Never", then?
Was it one of these?
The bottom one is the mockup depicted in the book.  Will either of these be showing up in a furture USBP edition?

Likely so. This collection of B-47 evolutionary designs is a folder way in the back of a thick box of Boeing folders, awaiting scanning in due course. Took me a while to find the folder since I hadn't gotten there yet, and I just took some cell phone snapshots.

Shouldn't be too long. Say, about the time SLS is regularly flying NASA astronauts to Mars. So there surely won't be any unforeseen delays or needless stalling.
Was it one of these?
The bottom one is the mockup depicted in the book.  Will either of these be showing up in a furture USBP edition?
Hi,

it's part one,they will complete in next issue.
Bookshelf & Marketplace / Re: Building Concorde - Tony Buttler - Crecy
« Last post by newsdeskdan on Yesterday at 04:18:15 am »
Well, it arrived this morning and I have to say... WOW! This is basically:

Concorde - the British and French Secret Projects! (with some stuff about building Concorde tacked on)

Chapter 1 opens with the Miles SST (!), then goes onto the Armstrong Whitworth M-wing designs with original drawings, Avro's 735, Short's PD 22 and 29, Vickers Project X, Bristol's various Type 198s including VTOL version, de Havilland's DH 130, English Electric's P 30, Handley Page HP.128, Vickers-Supermarine Type 586/587 and Hawker Siddeley Type 1000, Type 1011, Type 1023 - ending with the Bristol Type 223.

Then Chapter 3 has all the French equivalents - lots of original Super Caravelles with canards from Sud, Dassault's version, Nord's MCS.2, a twin-tail Nord Mach 3 proposal, the military Super Caravelle etc.

Chapter 4 has some great (and previously unknown to me) American stuff including the Convair 58-9, Douglas Model 2229, an unknown Lockheed SST, North American M-3000 etc.

The second half of the book is the usual stuff about actually building Concorde. But the first half... pure secret projects gold!

Highly recommended!

EDIT: Shame about the cover though. Talk about underselling it!
Looks pretty good at first blush; I particularly like the cutaways of the different versions of the ALCM and the Tomahawk.

I take issue with the author's assertion that the short-lived Fairchild Bull Goose was ever designated the XB-73; I tend to agree with Lloyd Jones that the last missile to apparently get a designation in the "B-for-Bomber" series was the B-68 Titan.  Also, in the list of specifications at the end, the Snark is inadvertently referred to as the B-64/SM-64.
£26.66 on Amazon UK.

My main interest is in the 50s and 60s, and that seemed good.
Hi,

there is a very good article on The Aviation Historian 25 magazine,fron Convair Skate to
Sea Dart 1946-1952.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10