Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Amazing work as usual my dear Skyblazer,
and I can add;
CP 38-385  also Curtiss Model-83
CP 39-460  also Martin M-177
CP 39-640  also Burnelli XBA-1,Consolidated LB-22 & LB-24,Chance Vought V-302
                 and Martin M-178

Thanks. I've added these to my spreadsheet and will eventually update the PDF.
I realize I made a mistake about the Stearman in CP 39-640, which was NOT the XA-21.

Are you quite sure about the Martin 177 being submitted along with the Model 167? I haven't found a reference for this.
(I don't use the M- prefix for Martin, as the company itself didn't seem to use it)
Amazing work as usual my dear Skyblazer,

and I can add;

CP 38-385  also Curtiss Model-83

CP 39-460  also Martin M-177

CP 39-640  also Burnelli XBA-1,Consolidated LB-22 & LB-24,Chance Vought V-302
                 and Martin M-178
User Artwork / Re: Daniel Uhr artwork
« Last post by Geist on Today at 09:53:29 am »

One of my recent works
Cheers
Designation Systems / Re: Douglas Designations
« Last post by hesham on Today at 04:06:52 am »
I want to understand,why many different prefix and what was the differences between them, D,DS,SS & TS ?.

If I'm not mistaken, D- was for Design, DS- for Design Specification, TS- for Type Specification and SS- for System Specification.

Thank you my dear Skyblazer.
Propulsion / Re: GE XA100 and P&W XA101 AETP engines
« Last post by NeilChapman on Yesterday at 10:38:00 pm »
AETP may be splitting into two programs: F135 replacement and classified 6th-gen development.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-starts-work-on-defining-adaptive-engine-for-fut-450053/

That seems like it could be a good sign.  Perhaps PCA planning is far enough along that a divergence of the technology has been required.

As I was looking for a place to add U.S. Army Air Corps Specification R-1800-D in my files, I happened on a list which I started many years ago, working from many different sources (books, mostly) and had completely forgotten about. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think I've ever shared it before on this forum, nor have I ever seen its equivalent anywhere on the web (if I'm wrong by all means please let me know).

I've compiled it for you in PDF form and I hope it will be of interest to some of you.

Also, I'm adding a second PDF with the list of Draft Specifications that I already shared previously in this topic, and a third one with Circular Proposals.
When new allocations emerge, I will update the PDF files accordingly.

Unfortunately I still don't have a list for Requests for Proposal such as the late Steve Pace was asking for in the initial post of this thread.
« Last post by Skyblazer on Yesterday at 11:58:32 am »
I want to understand,why many different prefix and what was the differences between them, D,DS,SS & TS ?.

If I'm not mistaken, D- was for Design, DS- for Design Specification, TS- for Type Specification and SS- for System Specification.
« Last post by hesham on Yesterday at 11:32:19 am »
Hi,

I want to understand,why many different prefix and what was the differences
between them, D,DS,SS & TS ?.
User Artwork / Re: Motocar's Cutaway drawings
« Last post by Motocar on Yesterday at 05:50:52 am »
Last retouched...
User Artwork / Re: Motocar's Cutaway drawings
« Last post by Motocar on July 17, 2018, 12:21:54 pm »
Cutaway Curtiss Speed Scout S-2 "Wireless", small biplane of the firm created in an attempt to build a small plane that was ahead of its time, its structure left aside the use of the cables from there the name "Wireless", propelled by a V-8 engine of the same company, there are very few data available only some blurred photographs and drawings of the patent application introduced by the company Curtiss, work in progress, author Motocar
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10