Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: De Monge projects
« Last post by hesham on Today at 11:24:59 am »
I start from the end of the Trait d'Union collection, to get corrections before mistakes.
#175:
In 1922 Show was presented the Buscaylet-De Monge 5-2 fighter and a drawing of the 3-engined 7-2 (9000kg weight plane for 30 passengers on 1000km distance at speed over 200km/h).
Louis-Pierre de Monge de Franeau was a Belgium citizen, born in 1890 and deceased July 25th 1977 in New York. He built his first airplane in 1911. He worked during WW1 for the Lumière company. After the war, he stayed technical director for Lumière while creating his own design bureau. He designed and built many machines in France. After the failure of them, he went and worked in Belgium for Imperia. In 1937, he has been the designer of the Bugatti racer for the Deutsch de la Meurthe Cup.

My dear Tophe spoke here about Type 1.2,a 30 passenger aircraft Project.
Good research, hesham,
it would be interesting nevertheless, where you found that photo with its caption.

Thank you my dear Jemiba,

it's only the rest of my memory,the most of it is gone  :D

And for the source, French Aircraft of The First World War.
Good research, hesham,
it would be interesting nevertheless, where you found that photo with its caption.
From an ebay auction. This photo looks familiar to me and think it has been posted elsewhere on this forum but I cant find. Any idea which weymann machine this is?

A big mistake from them,it's De Monge aircraft.
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Kamov projects
« Last post by hesham on Today at 10:42:24 am »
Picture 1 shows a model of Ka.25F
Picture 2 the V.50, 3 & 4 the V.100,
and 5,6 and 7 the V.80.

Thanks.
Has someone seen this very strange single-tail modification of the Mitchell, and was this real of a photomontage? (it would be such a poor job of the latter that I'm inclined to think it could be real) I know the planned Super Strafer variant was to have a single-tail, but the markings seem to indicate this is earlier.

Sorry in advance if the question has already been asked and/or answered elsewhere.
From an ebay auction. This photo looks familiar to me and think it has been posted elsewhere on this forum but I cant find. Any idea which weymann machine this is?
That's very unlikely indeed.  There isn't a "flux" of free antimatter floating around in the environment.  Sure, very tiny amounts happen spontaneously but not in ways that are usable as energy.  It's a bit like saying you could power a spacecraft using cosmic background radiation.

Wellllllll........

https://www.centauri-dreams.org/2016/08/03/antimatter-production-harvesting-in-space/
Early Aircraft Projects / Re: Hughes H-1 Pursuit Variant
« Last post by Skyblazer on Today at 08:54:47 am »
The final act was that after a little less than three years of storage the aircraft was 'transferred to the Timm Aircraft Company in a $100,000 dollar paper transaction..in 1940 a desultory effort was made to modify the aircraft into an all-metal fighter. Nothing came of the project and that was the end of the H-1 as fighter story.

Why Timm Aircraft, of all companies? This is where the plot thickens...

An item in the 1940 edition of The New International Year Book (describing the state of the industry in 1939) suggested that "The Timm Aircraft Corp. will build a Howard Hughes pursuit racer from sprucewood impregnated with phenolic resin." This of course never happened. What I do not understand in joncarrfarrelly's post is whether the idea to further modify the H-1 into an all-metal fighter originated with Timm, which would seem logical given the date, since Timm already owned the aircraft by then.
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Kamov projects
« Last post by Maveric on Today at 08:30:01 am »
Picture 1 shows a model of Ka.25F
Picture 2 the V.50, 3 & 4 the V.100,
and 5,6 and 7 the V.80.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10