Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Various post-war Yakovlev (Yak) projects
« Last post by hesham on Today at 02:12:09 pm »
from old archives

WOW,you made my day,Thank you dear PlanesPictures.
Aerospace / Re: Boeing to unveil new mystery craft
« Last post by Mat Parry on Today at 12:31:55 pm »
I wouldn't get too carried away by marketing. If this thing really was "Robust, Ready, Changing future air power" then the military not Boeing would be unveiling it.
Modelling Forum / Re: supermarine 319
« Last post by royabulgaf on Today at 12:27:17 pm »
Were the upward firing guns movable, or were they fixed, as a schrage musik setup? 
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: UK SST projects
« Last post by RAP on Today at 12:18:40 pm »
Postwar Aircraft Projects / Re: Lockheed CL-1200 / X-27 Lancer
« Last post by Archibald on Today at 12:05:29 pm »
Good old Prince Bernhard  would have accepted any backhanders. Not  sure they would have helped the MiG people.

Oh make no mistakes, old Brezhnev really loved corrupt deals, backhands, backshiches, etc. Plus Mikoyan's brother had been a good friend of Stalin in Politburo (Artem and Anastas)
« Last post by Archibald on Today at 11:59:13 am »
It was really a joke !  ;D

As I said, governement of the Netherlands was astonished by all the pressure they got from Dassault and all the others, to take their plane.

https://www.google.fr/search?q=%22F-204%22%22lancer%22%22lockheed%22&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=bks&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT0JifkorYAhWHEVAKHUnrB1sQ_AUIECgB&biw=1366&bih=635
then
 (scroll down to Interavia - Volume 30 - Page 884)

In Flight Global, dated May 11, 1972, the Netherlands government stated they would pick up an aircraft to replace the F-104G "soon"
Well, the Deal of the Century was inked on June 7, 1975 - eaxctly one month and three years later !
Aerospace / Re: Boeing to unveil new mystery craft
« Last post by dark sidius on Today at 11:51:31 am »
Encompass the Navy aviation too?
You can see the origins of the design in patent GB430331. Gloster took a similar approach, as seen in the Putnam volume and my article in The Aviation Historian -  ripped-off in the Russian link in the above post.
It really isn't recognisable on that drawing (perhaps too much artistic license ?), but for
that reason, there are struts, probably making the whole design not very attractive to
the Air Staff (drawing from the same source mentioned above)
« Last post by Arjen on Today at 09:33:59 am »
Good old Prince Bernhard  would have accepted any backhanders. Not  sure they would have helped the MiG people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10