Register here

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Bar / Re: Advertising
« Last post by RAP on Today at 07:09:58 pm »
Aerospace / Re: Chinese Stealth bomber program - XAC H-X (H-20)
« Last post by Blitzo on Today at 06:47:10 pm »
Any chance it will not look like a flying wing or cranked kite...

and maybe look more like this...
From where comes the fifth plane in the red circle before the four J-20 ? Is it a fake or an old project or an artist view ?

just a fan made CGI or doctored photo
« Last post by Deltafan on Today at 05:20:06 pm »

From where comes the fifth plane in the red circle before the four J-20 ? Is it a fake or an old project or an artist view ?
« Last post by flateric on Today at 03:08:34 pm »
It definitely will not look like this
« Last post by kcran567 on Today at 02:30:25 pm »

« Last post by flateric on Today at 02:06:26 pm »
I guess just like AVIC was trolling NG with their Super Bowl 'Hangar' ad with curtailed aircraft that turned out to be not B-21 configuration selected, H-20 will not be cranked delta as well.
Would be interesting to check my understanding of Chinese psychology.
« Last post by TomcatViP on Today at 01:09:30 pm »
You mean with distributed propulsion on trailing edges?
Aerospace / Re: Bell X-22A ducted-propellor VTOL
« Last post by TomcatViP on Today at 11:46:17 am »
deleted
Only challenge for the Boeing bid, is that they don't get to set the cost by themselves as they are teamed.  I suspect that this new small margin proposal method will be in effect for the FARA and FLRAA FVL efforts.  The real question becomes, which team can afford to "go low" more.  I would not be surprised if they bid for a loss on the initial buy, then recoup on follow on and foreign sales.  Just have to be careful not to follow the Hughes Helicopter model (OH-6).

I can see a logic to your proposal, however I can see an alternate where Sikorsky (Lockheed) gets the smaller FARA award based on the S-97 (USA and USCG) and Bell - Lockheed get FLRAA based on V-280 (USA and USMC).  SOF gets both.  Boeing gets CH-47 Block 2 thru Z and AH-64 upgrades.  Everybody gets to build rotorcraft for twenty years and the Congressional delegations from "pick-a-state" are happy.
S-97 buy is good yes, but would still agree the SB-1 is still needed for the USArmy.
« Last post by FighterJock on Today at 08:30:27 am »
My opinion - H-20 will fly first and enter service long before PAK DA.

More fun to guess would be whether H-20 or B-21 will make their maiden flight first... And bonus fun if both end up looking very similar to each other.

I would not be surprised if the H-20 did end up being like the B-21 Raider, there is not a lot that you can do to for a stealth bomber in terms of design using current technology.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10